Dr. A.V. (Anatol) Itten
- Post Doctoral Researcher at the TU Delft on co-creation in sustainable transitions.
- PhD at the University of Lucerne and University of Amsterdam with distinction for his work on public conflict resolution.
- Co-founder of the Disrupted Societies Institute, a research lab to support cohesion in polarized societies.
- Lecturer in political theory at the University of Stuttgart.
- Author of Overcoming Social Division and numerous articles, amongst others, in the Harvard Negotiation Journal.
- Public participation revisited: How to engage citizens, communities, corporations and the state meaningful in the co-design and co-production of a low carbon society? SHIFFT Project
- Responsive policy-making: How to reduce the gap between the fragmented world of public opinion and the polarized world of public decision making? PVE Project
- The disruption of everything: From the disruption of markets, to the disruption of society and democracy
- Itten, A. (2019), From the disruption of markets, to the disruption of society and democracy: A short story about control, in German Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations Report 2019 (forthcoming).
- Itten, A. (2019), High-risk procedures. The future of dialogue and participation. Perspektive Mediation, 77.
- Itten, A. (2018), Overcoming Social Division. Conflict resolution in Times of Polarization and Democratic Disconnection. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Itten, A. (2018), How can we resolve campus disputes based on values? University World News, Issue No: 520.
- Itten, A. (2017), Context and Content toward Consensus in Public Mediation. Negotiation Journal, 33(3): 185-211. (Peer-reviewed by Lawrence E. Susskind).
- Itten, A. (2017), Öffentliche Mediationsverfahren: Zwischen gesellschaftlichem Diskurs und Politikgestaltung, in Kriegel-Schmidt, K. (ed.), Mediation als neuer Wissenschaftszweig. Wiesbaden: Springer VS.
- Interview: Nach dem Attentat in El Paso„Wir müssen Institutionen stärken, die für Fairness sorgen“
Deutschlandfunk Kultur, 6 August 2019
- Radio interview: De ontwrichte samenleving
Radio Zwammerdam, 16 December 2018
- New Democracy: Overcoming Social Division
De Zwijger, 6 September 2018
- Article: „Konzert #wirsindmehr war kontraproduktiv“
Welt, 6 September 2018
- Article: Coming undone: How echo chambers Balkanised society
Politics.co.uk ,16 August 2018
- Article: Fremd, andersdenkend, unangenehm
Zeit Online, 12 July 2018
- Article: New Democracy #31 - Overcoming Social Division
- + 31 15 27 8 84 60
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Room number: B2.104
Organisation & Governance
Co-creation in the sustainability transition
Public Deliberation, Participation and Mediation
Social Disruption and Polarization