Welcome to the Writing Centre
TU Delft Writing Centre goes online! Applications for a writing coach session is still possible. The session will take place online via a conference call. You will receive instructions from your writing coach after your application. Good luck with your writing task!
The Writing Centre is intended for bachelor and master students (PhD? please click here) at TU Delft who need help with a writing task. Such a writing task can be, for example, a graduation report or thesis, a scientific paper or a technical report. Do you need a one-to-one conversation with a writing coach? Make an appointment.
Who are we?
The Writing Centre was founded by the Centre for Languages and Academic Skills. We provide education in the field of written reporting and academic writing. Over the past few years, we have noticed that many students would like to have more individual assistance with their writing assignments. That is why we have set up the Writing Centre. Our trained tutors will help you with your writing task. These tutors are bachelor or master students at TU Delft.
What do we do?
In a 45-minute conversation you and your tutor will work together on your writing task. The tutor has a coaching role: he or she will mainly ask you many questions to make you think critically about your writing task. Whether you are at the beginning of your writing task, or almost finished: you can always make an appointment. It is also possible to request several meetings.
What don't we do?
- We are not an editorial office. We have a coaching approach and are happy to help you improve your text. We are not editors who are going to rewrite your text. However, we can offer (general) writing exercises.
- We are not experts on technical/scientific content and can therefore not take on the role of a teacher from your own field. We can, for example, prepare a (feedback) meeting with your teacher together with you.
- We do not grade or evaluate your text. If you prefer to take a writing course, you can register for one. It is also possible to improve your written English through one of our English courses.
How much does a coaching session cost at the Writing Centre?
The coaching sessions are free of charge. However, there is a maximum of five sessions per student.
Where is the Writing Centre?
Sessions take place at the Writing Centre in room C0.020 of the Centre for Languages and Academic Skills in the TBM building (building 31, Jaffalaan 5).
How can I register?
You can fill in your details on our application form. You will then receive a confirmation email. You will be automatically linked to a tutor, who will contact you via email.
How do I prepare a meeting?
During the session, the tutor will ask questions to help you with your writing task. Here are some of the questions you can expect in such a conversation:
- What goal do you ultimately hope to achieve with this writing task?
- If you have successfully completed this writing task, what difference would it make to you?
- How can a conversation with a writing coach be useful to you?
- How have you approached the writing task so far?
- What are you satisfied with?
- What would you like to improve?
How can you reach us?
For questions, please send an email to email@example.com.