Dr. F.W. (Frank) Guldenmund
Frank Guldenmund is ass. prof. at the Safety Science & Security Group at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands. He works primarily in the field of occupational safety, where his research involves modelling and assessing (the quality of) safety management systems. Within this context his interest was raised in the topic of safety culture, which he has been pondering since the middle 90s.
- Safety culture: modelling, assessment, working with safety culture in practice.
- Creating a (psychologically) safe environment where people can raise their safety concerns.
- Improving the dialogue about risk and safety.
- Quantifying safety management efforts (i.e. management deliveries).
- Safety behaviour in industry (construction, production).
- Gender and safety.
- Introduction to safety science (WM0801TU);
- Responsible management of safety and risk (WM0821TU);
- Minor ‘Responsible innovation’ (WM-Mi-191-16);
- Technology development and impact assessment (EPA1132);
- Management of SHE, course week on ‘Culture, leadership and behaviour’;
- Online ProfEd course on ‘Safety culture’
- Guldenmund, F.W. (2016). Organizational safety culture. In: Clarke, S., Probst, T.M.,
- Guldenmund, F.W. and Passmore, J. (eds.). The Wiley Blackwell handbook of the psychology of occupational safety and workplace health. Chichester (UK); Wiley Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Blazsin, H. & Guldenmund, F.W. (2015). The social construction of safety: comparing three realities. Safety Science, 71, 16-27. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2014.06.001
- Guldenmund, F.W., Cleal, B. & Mearns, K. (2013). An exploratory study of migrant workers and safety in three European countries. Safety Science, 52, 92-99.
- Hale, A.R., Guldenmund, F.W., van Loenhout, P.L.C.H. & Oh, J.I.H. (2010). Evaluating safety management and culture interventions to improve safety: effective intervention strategies. Safety Science, 48, 1026–1035.
- Guldenmund, F.W. (2010). (Mis)understanding safety culture and its relationship to safety management. Risk Analysis. 30(10), 1466-1480.
- Member of the board of the Dutch Society for Safety Professionals (NVVK).
- Associate editor of Safety Science.
- Editor of NVVKinfo, professional journal for safety professionals (in Dutch).
- Clarke, S., Probst, T.M., Guldenmund, F.W. and Passmore, J. (eds.). The Wiley Blackwell handbook of the psychology of occupational safety and workplace health. Chichester (UK); Wiley Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Guldenmund, F.W. (2010). Understanding and exploring safety culture. Oisterwijk: Uitgeverij BOXPress.
- +31 15 27 82488
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Room Number: C1.140
Dr. F.W. (Frank) Guldenmund
- ancillary activities
2019-09-16 - 2021-09-16
Consultancy / research and other