Dr. S.T.H. (Servaas) Storm
Dr. Servaas Storm holds a PhD (Economics) from Erasmus University Rotterdam. He is on the Editorial Board of the journal Development and Change (2006-present) and a member of the Working Group on ‘The Political Economy of Distribution’ of the Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET), New York (2014-present). He is also on the Editorial Board of the European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies (2014-present).
Servaas Storm works on the secular stagnation of productivity growth in the OECD countries; technology-induced structural change and (employment) dualisation; the economics of climate change, energy use and (renewable) energy transition. The book he co-authored with C.W.M. Naastepad on Macroeconomics beyond the NAIRU, published in 2012 by Harvard University Press, was awarded the 2013 Myrdal Prize of the European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy (EAEPE).
Dr. Storm teaches economics courses in various programmes and is involved in the specialisation track Economics & Finance.
- S. Storm and E. Schröder. 2018. “Economic Growth and Carbon Emissions: The Road to ‘Hothouse Earth’ is Paved with Good Intentions.” Working Paper No. 84, Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET), New York. Link: https://www.ineteconomics.org/uploads/papers/WP_84.pdf
- S. Storm. 2018. “The wrong track also leads someplace: Milton Friedman’s presidential address at fifty.” Review of Keynesian Economics volume 6 (4), 517–532. https://www.elgaronline.com/view/journals/roke/6-4/roke.2018.04.09.xml
- S. Storm. 2018. “Financialization and economic development: a debate on the social efficiency of modern finance.” Development and Change 49 (2). https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/dech.12385
- S. Storm. 2017. “The new normal: demand, secular stagnation and the vanishing middle class.” International Journal of Political Economy, volume 46 (4), pp. 169-210. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08911916.2017.1407742
- S. Storm. 2017. “The political economy of industrialization” (introduction to a virtual issue of) Development and Change. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dech.12281/epdf .
- S. Storm. 2017. “How the invisible hand is supposed to adjust the natural thermostat: a guide for the perplexed” Journal of Science and Engineering Ethics 23 (5): 1307-1331. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11948-016-9780-3
- P. Kohler and S. Storm. 2016. “CETA without blinders: how “cutting trade costs and more” will cause unemployment, inequality and welfare losses.” International Journal of Political Economy, volume 45 (4), pp. . Earlier published as Global Development and Environment Institute Working PaperNo. 16-03. Tufts University: GDAE.
- S. Storm and C.W.M. Naastepad. 2012. Macroeconomics beyond the NAIRU. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press. Winner of the 2013 Myrdal Prize of the European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy
- S. Storm and C.W.M. Naastepad (Eds). 2001. Globalisation and Economic Development, ed. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- S. Storm and C.W.M. Naastepad (Eds.). 1996. The State and the Economic Process, ed. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- S. Storm. 1993. Macroeconomic Considerations in the Choice of an Agricultural Policy. A Study into Sectoral Interdependence with Reference to India. Aldershot: Avebury.
- +31 15 27 83548
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Room number: c2.160
Values, Technology and Innovation
Economics of Technology and Innovation
Design for values
Management of responsible innovation
Economics of technological change and productivity growth
Economics of climate change, renewable energy transition and sustainability
Macroeconomics, economics & finance, economic growth, structural change and distribution