Dr.ir. Z. (Zenlin) Roosenboom-Kwee
Zenlin Kwee is Assistant Professor of Strategy and Innovation at Delft University of Technology. She holds a Doctorate in Management (Ph.D.) from the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and a Master of Science in Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management (Cum Laude) from Delft University of Technology.
I started my research on the topic of organization longevity. Over time, my research has evolved into many diverse and relevant topics in the field of strategic management such as strategic renewal, corporate governance, upper echelons theory (top management teams), innovation and entrepreneurship. Some of my works have been published in ISI-ranked journals. My next aim is to develop a new research agenda in the direction of responsible innovation.
Zenlin’s teaching portfolio includes Master level courses in Management of Technology (MOT) and a Master specialization course in Economics and Finance. She also gives lectures for bachelor minor programmes offered by Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management.
- 2016-2017 and 2015-2016: MOT1461 Financial Management; SPM9716 Cost-Benefit Analysis; WM0628TU Business Economics, Choice of Technique and Innovation
- 2014-2015: SPM9716, MOT1461, WM0628TU, WM0629TU Integration ERFiT
- Kemper, R., Kwee, Z., and Roosenboom, P.G.J. (2017). How to pitch to and interact with business angels? In N. Dai (Ed.), The World Scientific Reference on Entrepreneurship (pp. 37-73). World Scientific Publishing.
- Kleinknecht, A., Kwee, Z., Budiyanto, L. (2015). Rigidities through Flexibility: Flexible labour and the rise of management bureaucracies. Cambridge Journal of Economics: bev056.
- Ben-Menahem, M.G.M., Kwee, Z., Van Den Bosch, F.A.J. and Volberda, H.W. (2013). Strategic Renewal over Time: The enabling role of potential absorptive capacity in aligning internal and external rates of change – A longitudinal analysis of Royal Dutch Shell (1980-2007).Long Range Planning, 46(3): 216-235. doi:10.1016/j.lrp.2012.09.012.
- Kwee, Z., Van Den Bosch, F.A.J., and Volberda, H.W. (2011). The Influence of Top Management Team’s Corporate Governance Orientation on Strategic Renewal Trajectories: A longitudinal analysis of Royal Dutch Shell plc, 1907-2004. Journal of Management Studies, 48(5): 984-1014. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-6486.2010.00961.x)
- Kwee, Z., Van Den Bosch, F.A.J., and Volberda, H.W. (2008). Coevolutionary competence in the realm of corporate longevity: How long-lived firms strategically renew themselves. In: Sanchez, R. (Ed.),Research in Competence-Based Management,4, 281-313, UK: JAI Press.
- +31 15 27 84711
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Room number: C3.020
Values, Technology and Innovation
Economics of Technology and Innovation
Design for values
Management of responsible innovation
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Upper echelons theory/Top management team
Dr.ir. Z. (Zenlin) Roosenboom-Kwee
Zenlin Kwee is Assistant Professor of Strategy and Innovation at Delft University of Technology. She holds a Doctorate in Management (Ph.D.) from the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and a Master of Science in Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management (Cum Laude) from Delft University of Technology. Her research interests include strategy and management of technological innovation, entrepreneurship, strategic renewal & adaptation, upper echelons theory (top management teams), corporate governance, and organizational longevity.
Her previous works have been published in Journal of Management Studies and Long Range Planning. She has presented her research at prominent international conferences such as the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society Annual International Conference, Journal of Management Studies Conference, European Academy of Management Annual Conference, European Group for Organizational Studies Colloquium, and Competence-Based of Management Conference.