Dr. P. (Pengfei) Chen
Pengfei Chen was born in May 1992. He obtained his BSc in Navigation Technology, and MSc in Transportation Information Engineering and Control at School of Navigation, Wuhan University of Technology, China. Since October 2016, he conducted his PhD research at the Safety and Security Science Group, Faulty of Technology, Policy and Management at Delft University of Technology, Delft, the Netherlands Sponsored by China Scholarship Council (CSC). His research interests include maritime safety analysis, probabilistic risk analysis, accident analysis, autonomous ships, and maritime traffic management.
Maritime transportation has been one of the major contributors to the global trade and economy. Accidents, however, have been continuously posing risks to the individuals and the public in terms of multiple aspects of consequences. My research focus on the probabilistic risk analysis of ship collision accident and explored the possible influence of implementing MASS into maritime traffic. A series of methods based on Non-linear Velocity Obstacle (NLVO) and Bayesian network models are proposed to identify encounter between ships that have the potential for collision and analyse the causations that could ultimately lead to an accident. Initial analysis of the potential influence of MASS on the collision risk in maritime traffic was also explored based on the proposed approaches.
- Chen P*, Huang Y, Mou J, et al. Ship collision candidate detection method: A velocity obstacle approach[J]. Ocean Engineering, 2018, 170: 186-198. (SCI Indexed, JCR: Q1, IF:3.068).
- Chen P*, Huang Y, Mou J, et al. Probabilistic risk analysis for ship-ship collision: State-of-the-art[J]. Safety Science, 2019, 117: 108-122. (SCI Indexed, JCR: Q1, IF: 4.105).
- Chen P*, Mou J, van Gelder P.H.A.J.M. Integration of Individual Encounter Information into Causation Probability Modelling of Ship Collision Accidents[J]. Safety Science, 2019, 120: 636-651. (SCI Indexed, JCR: Q1, IF: 4.105).
- Chen P*, Huang Y, Papadimitriou E, Mou J, van Gelder P.H.A.J.M. An Improved Time Discretized Non-linear Velocity Obstacle Method for Multi-ship Encounter Detection[J]. Ocean Engineering, 2020, 196: 106718. (SCI Indexed, JCR: Q1, IF: 3.068).
- Chen P*, Huang Y, Papadimitriou E, Mou J, van Gelder P.H.A.J.M. Global Path Planning for Autonomous Ship: A Hybrid Approach of Fast Marching Square and Velocity Obstacles Methods[J]. Ocean Engineering (Accepted. SCI Indexed, JCR: Q1, IF: 3.068).
- Mou J M, Chen P F, He Y X, et al. Vessel traffic safety in busy waterways: A case study of accidents in western shenzhen port[J]. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 2019, 123: 461-468. (SSCI Indexed, JCR: Q1, IF: 3.655).
- Chen P*, Mou J, Li Y. Risk analysis of maritime accidents in an estuary: a case study of Shenzhen Waters[J]. Scientific Journals of the Maritime University of Szczecin, 2015 (42 (114)): 54--62. (ESCI Indexed).