K.L.L. (Karolien) van Nunen
Karolien van Nunen is a lecturer and researcher in safety and security sciences at the TU Delft. She lectures the courses security and technology, ethics and impacts of global interventions, and the integration course on companies and innovation. Currently, Karolien van Nunen is also finishing her PhD on safety culture in organisations at the Research Chair Vandeputte at the University of Antwerp (Belgium). She is also a member of the editorial board of ‘Veiligheidsnieuws’, a Belgian journal on safety and well-being at work.
Karolien van Nunen her research interests are in the field of proactively assessing and improving occupational safety, process safety and security in organisations. Her PhD focusses on safety culture in organisations. During this PhD research, a practical tool is developed to measure and improve safety culture in organisations. Also, in collaboration with the University of Antwerp and the TU Delft, several research projects have been conducted, for example on safety and security in chemical clusters, and on a bow-tie analysis of occupational accidents in a Belgian production plant.
- TBM005A Companies and innovation integration course
- WM0823TU Security and technology
- EPA1133 Ethics and impacts of global interventions
- van Nunen Karolien, Genserik Reniers, Paul Swuste. Verkennende studie naar (petro)chemische clusters en veiligheid: Veiligheidsparameters binnen (petro)chemische clusters en losstaande (petro)chemische bedrijven. Onderzoeksrapport in opdracht van het Ministerie van Infrastructuur en Waterstaat (Nederland). Mei 2019. Beschikbaar via: https://dv2030.nl/documenten/veiligheidsparameters-binnen-petrochemische-clusters-en-losstaande-petrochemische
- Swuste P, van Nunen K, Reniers G, Khakzad N. Domino-effects in chemical factories and clusters: An historical perspective and discussion. Process Safety and Environmental Protection. 2019; 124: 18-30.
- van Nunen K, Sas M, Reniers G, Vierendeels G, Ponnet W, Hardyns W. An integrative conceptual framework for physical security culture in organisations. Journal of Integrated Security Science. 2018, 2(1): p. 25-32. doi.org/10.18757/jiss.2018.1.1986.
- Vierendeels G, Reniers G, van Nunen K, Ponnet K. An integrative conceptual framework for safety culture: The Egg Aggregated Model (TEAM) of safety culture. Safety Science. 2018; 103: p. 323-329. doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2017.12.021.
- van Nunen K, Li J, Reniers G, Ponnet K. Bibliometric analysis of safety culture research. Safety Science. 2018; 108: p. 248-258. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2017.08.011.
- van Nunen K, Swuste P, Reniers G, Paltrinieri N, Aneziris O, Ponnet K. Improving pallet mover safety in the manufacturing industry: A bow-tie analysis of accident scenarios. Materials. 2018, 11, 1955; doi:10.3390/ma11101955.
- van Nunen K, Reniers G, Ponnet K. Measuring and improving safety culture in organisations: an exploration of tools developed and used in Belgium. Journal of Risk Research. 2016; dx.doi.org/10.1080/13669877.2016.1235602.
K.L.L. van Nunen
- ancillary activities
2019-08-26 - 2021-08-26
Healthcare and social services
2020-01-01 - 2022-01-01