S. (Saba) Chockalingam
Saba Chockalingam (1990) is a PhD candidate at the Faculty of Technology, Policy, and Management in the Safety and Security Science Group. He works on the project entitled “Secure Our Safety: Building Cyber Security for Flood Management (SOS4Flood)”.
Saba received his Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering from SRM University in 2012, and his Master of Science (MSc) in Cyber Security and Management from the University of Warwick in 2014. During his MSc, he worked on the thesis entitled “Enriching Social Media Sites (SMS) Data with Geographic Intelligence”.
Saba worked as a Security Researcher – Intern at the Satellite Applications Catapult Limited after completing his MSc where his research mainly focused on “Security of the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Systems”. Later, he worked as a Research Assistant at the University of Malaya where his research mainly focused on “Digital Forensics”.
Safety and security risks converge especially when the Critical Infrastructures (CI) are operated by modern control systems. It is therefore becoming increasingly important to address the combination of safety and security in modern control systems. However, safety and security have been represented by separate communities in both academia and industry. In my context, I think of the safety community as dealing with unintentional/accidental risks. On the other hand, I think of the security community as dealing with intentional/malicious risks. My research aims to bridge the gap between safety and security especially in risk assessment, incident response by developing an integrated method, model respectively. Although the scope of my study is focused on water management systems operated by Industrial Control Systems (ICS), the integrated method may be applied to the other CIs operated by ICS.
- Teaching Assistance – Security and Organization (WM0822TU)
- Tutor - IT and Values (WM0328TI)
- Sabarathinam Chockalingam, Dina Hadziosmanovic, Wolter Pieters, Andre Teixeira, Pieter van Gelder.: Integrated Safety and Security Risk Assessment Methods: A Survey of Key Characteristics and Applications. The 11th International Conference on Critical Information Infrastructures Security. (October 2016)
- Sabarathinam Chockalingam, Harjinder Singh Lallie.: Alarming! Security Aspects of the Wireless Vehicle: Review. International Journal of Cyber-Security and Digital Forensics (IJCSDF). Vol.3, no.4, pp. 200-208. (August 2014)
- Sabarathinam Chockalingam, Harjinder Singh Lallie.: The Conceptual Idea of Online Social Media Site (SMS) User Account Penetration Testing System. International Journal of Security, Privacy and Trust Management (IJSPTM). Vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1-11. (August 2014)
Mon until Fri