I work on ‘responsible innovation in inclusive business models in the health and water sectors in East-Africa’ MVI project as a postdoctoral researcher, conducted in collaboration with the Centre for Frugal Innovation in Africa, the Institute for Social Studies and the African Studies Centre. Before coming to Delft, I got my Phd. in Philosophy in Leuven and Princeton, worked as a parliamentary assistant in the European Parliament, and on the reintegration of refugees in Burundi.
My research focuses on the ethics of private sector-led development, combining global justice literature with business ethics and responsible innovation. Before that, my focus was on democratic theory, international law, human rights and 18th century political theory.
- Ethics and Engineering
- Hazenberg, H. “Property-owning democracy, International Trade and Global Distributive Justice” Diacritica, Volume 29, N. 2, 2015
- Hazenberg, H. “Kant and the Legitimacy of the International Order” International Theory, Volume 7, Issue 2, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1752971915000056
- Hazenberg, H. “Is Governance Democratic?” Critical Review for International Social and Political Philosophy, Volume 8, Issue 3, 2015, onlinefirst: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13698230.2013.826499
- Hazenberg, H. and Mulieri, A., “Democracy and Global Governance: the case for a bottom-up and context-sensitive approach”, Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research, Volume 26, Issue 3, September 2013, pages 302-318
- Hazenberg, H., “The Ideal of Democracy in Global Governance; four routes to global democracy”, in: Global Governance and Democracy: A multidisciplinary analysis, Edward Elgar, 2015
- Van Kerckhoven, S. and Hazenberg, H. “Global Governance: Challenges and Achievements” Brookings Institute Global Working Papers 45, 02/2012, Winner of Global Governance Audit; http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/2012/02/global-governance-altinay
- De Schutter, H. and Hazenberg, H. “David Miller”, Springer Encyclopedia of Global Justice, 2011
Member of ‘Worldconnectors’ roundtable for people and planet, Groenlinks
- “Voorkom meer crises: maak de EU ultra-wendbaar” Volkskrant 11 July 2016
- Interview in ‘Millenials’ profile ‘Elsevier’, May 2016
- “Millenials zijn gewillige prooi in generatiestrijd” Volkskrant 11 March 2016
- “Mondialisering is gebaat bij een sterke overheid” Volkskrant 27 February 2016
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management