Application for a CSC PhD position at VTI
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) is a Chinese governmental organization that grants scholarships for Chinese students that go abroad each year. This includes Chinese students who want to apply for a PhD position at Delft University of Technology.
CSC PhD students are PhD students that do not have an employment contract with TU Delft, but are paid through a CSC scholarship. They will either graduate in Delft or in China. Full 4 year CSC PhD students that will graduate in Delft have to register at the Graduate School (GS) of DUT and follow the Doctoral Education program of the GS. You will pay a one-off tuition fee of 10.000 euro. The tuition fee consists of an entrance fee (3500), travelling budget for conferences and the like (5000 euro) and a budget for thesis printing (with a maximum of 2000 euro).
When you will graduate in China, you do not have to register at the Graduate School and there will be no tuition fee.
The department of VTI has the following procedure for selecting CSC PhD students. In order to apply for a CSC PhD student-position at the department of Values, Technology & Innovation, please follow these steps:
- Verify that you fulfil the eligibility criteria;
- Fill out and submit the application form on this website; you can upload all necessary documents on this site
- Fill out application and upload all relevant documents before the end of January 31st 2019
- Selection of candidates by the VTI Management Team February 7th 2019
- Scheduling of Skype-meetings with selected candidates February 8th - March 11th 2019
- Acceptance letters sent March 13th 2019
- Candidates who have received the Acceptance letter should apply for the CSC scholarship by themselves and in time. Submit your application on the CSC website (www.csc.edu.cn) between March 20th and March 31st 2019. The result will be published by the end of May 2019.
- Applicant is applying for a CSC PhD student scholarship
- Applicant has obtained an MSc degree
- Applicant has proof of English proficiency
If you have doubts about fulfilling the eligibility criteria please contact us at (VTIemail@example.com)