Prof.dr. M. (Marc) de Vries
- M.Sc.1982 Physics, Free University Amsterdam
- Ph.D.1988 Eindhoven University of Technology (science education)
- 1988-1991 head of Technology Education department at the Pedagogisch Technische Hogeschool, Eindhoven
- 1990-now assistant professor in Philosophy and Ethics of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology
- 2003-now affiliate professor in Christian Philosophy, Delft University of Technology.
- 2008-now professor of science education, Delft University of Technology
- 2013-now affiliate professor of philosophy and pedagogy of technology and engineering education, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- Epistemology of technology
- Ethics of nanotechnolog
- Utopian thinking in technology
- Wm0361tu and wm0362tu are introductory courses to philosophy of technology, based on the book Philosophy of Technology (Routledge).
- Wm0362tu and wm0372tu are capita selecta courses (each every other year a different book will be discussed).
- Wm0342tu and wm0348tu are courses at master level. Wm0342tu is based on the book Philosophy of Technology (Routledge). Wm0348 is a capita selecta course.
- Vries, M.J. de (2005), Teaching About Technology. An Introduction to the Philosophy of Technology for Non-Philosophers. Dordrecht: Springer
- Verkerk, M.J., Hoogland, J., Stoep, J. van der and Vries, M.J. de (2016),Philosophy of Technology. An Introduction for Technology and Business Students. New York: Routledge.
- Vries, M.J. de (2013), ‘Beliefs, Acceptances and Technological Knowledge’, in: Vries, M.J.de, Hansson, S.O. and Meijers, A.W.M. (Eds.),Norms in Technology. Dordrecht: Springer, 55-66.
- Vries, M.J. de (2011), God vinden. In gesprek met zoekers. Heerenveen: Groen.
- Vries, M.J. de (2013), Technologie, overal om je heen. Moderne ontwikkelingen in christelijk perspectief. Heerenveen: Groen.
Connection to database has been unsuccessful
The requested information is currently not available. We're working on fixing this as soon as possible. Our apologies for the inconvience.