Dr. A.M.G. (Anneke) Zuiderwijk- van Eijk
Dr. Anneke Zuiderwijk has been working as an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management at Delft University of Technology since 2018. Previously she has been working as a PhD candidate (2011-2015) and as a postdoctoral researcher (2015-2018) at the same faculty.
My research is focused on open data. With my research I want to achieve that open data sharing and use will become the standard instead of the exception. It is my dream that more value will be created through open data.
My mission for the next decade is to realise a breakthrough in open data research by developing open data theory for designing infrastructures and institutional arrangements that incentivize open data sharing and use
- by different types of actors (e.g. governmental organizations, researchers, companies, citizens)
- from different domains (e.g. different scientific disciplines and different industries).
l teach the course Governance Specialisatie (I en C) - TB321IA-T - Bachelor Technische Bestuurskunde. (since 2018)
Anneke has been teaching in the following courses at Delft University of Technology since 2012:
- Open Science – OS101X – Massive Open Online Course
- Open Data Governance and Use - OD01xP – Online Course for Professionals
- Open Government – OG101X - Massive Open Online Course
- Governance Specialisatie (I en C) - TB321IA-T - Bachelor Technische Bestuurskunde
Courses Anneke taught in previously:
- Information Infrastructures Architectures– SPM4430 -Master Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis & Management
- Design of Innovative ICT Infrastructures and Services - SPM4340IA -Master Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis & Management
Anneke obtained her University Teaching Qualification in 2014. In addition, Anneke supervises several Masters and Bachelors students and PhD candidates.
- Zuiderwijk, A. (2015). Open data infrastructures: The design of an infrastructure to enhance the coordination of open data use. 's-Hertogenbosch: Uitgeverij BOXPress. http://dx.doi.org/10.4233/uuid:9b9e60bc-1edd-449a-84c6-7485d9bde012 (PhD with distinction/ cum laude 29-10-2015)
- Zuiderwijk, A. & Spiers, H. (2019). Sharing and re-using open data: a case study of motivations in astrophysics. International Journal of Information Management, 49, p. 228-241. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2019.05.024.
- Zuiderwijk, A., Janssen, M., & Dwivedi, Y. (2015). Acceptance and use predictors of open data technologies: Drawing upon the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology. Government Information Quarterly, 32(4), 429-440. doi:10.1016/j.giq.2015.09.005. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0740624X15300101
- Zuiderwijk, A., & Janssen, M. (2014). Open data policies, their implementation and impact: A comparison framework. Government Information Quarterly, 31(1), 17-29. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.giq.2013.04.003
- Zuiderwijk, A. (2018). Analysing open data in virtual research environments: New collaboration opportunities to improve policy making. The International Journal of Electronic Government Research, 13(4), 76-92. doi: 10.4018/IJEGR.2017100105.
- Zuiderwijk, A., Janssen, M., Choenni, S, Meijer, R. & Sheikh Alibaks, R (2012). Socio-technical Impediments of Open Data. In F Bannister (Ed.), ECEG special issue Vol. 10. Electronic Journal of e-Government (pp. 156-172). Academic Publishing International Ltd. www.ejeg.com/issue/download.html?idArticle=255
- Janssen, M., Charalabidis, Y & Zuiderwijk, A. (2012). Benefits, adoption barriers and myths of open data and open government. In Vol. 29. Information Systems Management (pp. 258-268). http://repository.tudelft.nl/view/ir/uuid%3A952c8b0e-c55e-4443-9b41-14c38806a840/
- Zuiderwijk, A., Janssen, M., & Davis, C. (2014). Innovation with open data: Essential elements of open data ecosystems. Information Polity, 19(1-2), 17-33. DOI 10.3233/IP-140329. http://repository.tudelft.nl/view/ir/uuid%3A288c0ce7-70cf-42b9-90a9-05408edc33a8/
2015-2018: The H2020 VRE4EIC project
A Europe-wide Interoperable Virtual Research Environment to Empower Multidisciplinary Research Communities and Accelerate Innovation and Collaboration
2011-2014: The FP7 ENGAGE project
An Infrastructure for Open, Linked Governmental Data Provision towards Research Communities and Citizens
- Winner of the Digital Governance Junior Scholar Award of the American Society for Public Administration and the Digital Government Society.
- Nominated for the DEWIS award for best female doctorate at TU Delft in the period summer 2014-winter 2015.
- Winner of best paper award at the Conference on E-Government in 2012 in the category of Most Promising Practical Concept.
- Winner of best paper award at the Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research in 2014 in the category of Best Policy/Management Paper.
- Nominated for best paper award at the Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government in 2015.
- Keynote presentation at the policy forum on Using Open School Data to improve Transparency and Accountability of the International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP), United Nations (January 2018): A. Zuiderwijk. “The negative effects of open government data”.
- Keynote presentation at 600 Minutes Public IT (September 2017): A. Zuiderwijk. “Open data: zoektocht naar de juiste balans.”
- Keynote presentation at the Samos Summit on ICT-enabled Governance (July 2016): A. Zuiderwijk. “Online Education: Findings from our Open Government MOOC”.
- Keynote presentation at the International Conference on Future Environment and Innovation (July 2014): A. Zuiderwijk. “Business Innovation through Open Data”
- Track chair at the EGOV-CeDEM-ePART conference. Track: “Open Data: Social and Technical aspects” (2018, 2019).
- Programme Committee member at the following conferences/workshops: CeDEM, Dg.o, Samos Summit, EGOV, I3E, IT4RIs, CRIS.
- PhD colloquium co-chair at the Electronic Government Conference, the Conference for e-Democracy and Open Government and the Conference on e-Participation (EGOV-CeDEM-ePART 2018 & 2019).
Zuiderwijk, A. (2015). Open data infrastructures: The design of an infrastructure to enhance the coordination of open data use. 's-Hertogenbosch: Uitgeverij BOXPress. (Open Access) (PhD with honor/ cum laude 29-10-2015)
Charalabidis, Y., Zuiderwijk, A., Charalampos, A., Janssen, M., Lampoltshammer, T., & Ferro, E. (2018) The World of Open Data: concepts, methods, tools and experiences.typo3/
- Overheid vergeet infrastructuur open data. 29 October 2015.
- Thesis Defence A.M.G. van Eijk: Open Data infrastructures.
- Anneke Zuiderwijk’s doctoral research nominated for DEWIS award
- Cum laude PhD Anneke Zuiderwijk
- TPM contributes to next generation Virtual Research Environments for 70.000 researchers
- Anneke Zuiderwijk over Open en Big Data in het Science Café Den Haag
- Five W’s of Open Data
Dr. A.M.G. (Anneke) Zuiderwijk- van Eijk
- +31 15 27 86471
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Engineering Systems and Services
Information and Communication Technology
Mon, Tue, Wed morning, Thu, Fri
User service patterns
Connection to database has been unsuccessful
The requested information is currently not available. We're working on fixing this as soon as possible. Our apologies for the inconvience.