Prof.dr.ir. V.A.W.J. (Vincent) Marchau
Vincent Marchau is Managing Director of the Dutch Research School for Transport, Infrastructure and Logistics (TRAIL), with over 100 PhD students and 50 staff members across 6 Dutch universities.
Vincent Marchau also holds a chair on Uncertainty and Adaptivity of Societal Systems at the Radboud University. This chair is supported by The Netherlands Study Centre for Technology Trends (STT). He received a PhD from TU Delft in 2000 for his research on technology assessment in transport-policymaking.
Marchau’s research focuses on long-term planning under uncertainty in transportation, logistics, spatial planning, energy, water, and security.
- PhD-course on scientific writing in the Transport, Infrastructure and Logistics domain
- PhD-course on theories and methods in the Transport, Infrastructure and Logistics domain
- PhD-course on Transport Policy Analysis
- BSc/MSc/PhD-courses on uncertainty analysis, scenario- development, adaptive policymaking, planning under uncertainty
- Marchau V.A.W.J. & E. Van der Linde (2016) The Delphi method. P. van der Duin (ed.) Foresight in Organisations, Routledge.
- Wall T.A., W.E. Walker, V.A.W.J. Marchau, and L. Bertolini (2015). A Dynamic Adaptive Approach to Transportation Infra. Planning for Climate Change: A San Francisco Bay Area Case Study. Journal of Infra Systems, 21(4), [doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)IS.1943-555X.0000257].
- Marchau V.A.W.J. (2014). Het zekere voor het onzekere nemen. Inaugural Speech, Radboud University, Nijmegen.
- Yzer J.R., W.E. Walker, V.A.W. J. Marchau & J. H. Kwakkel (2014). Dynamic adap-tive policies: a way to improve the cost–benefit performance of megaprojects? En-vironment and Planning B: Planning and Design, 41(4): 594-612.
- Marchau V.A.W.J., W.E. Walker, JA Annema & J. van de Waard (2013). Transport Futures Research. G.P. van Wee, JA Annema and D. Banister (eds.) The Transport System and Transport Policy, Edward Elger, 305-328.
- Walker W.E., V.A.W.J. Marchau & J.H. Kwakkel (2013). Uncertainty in the Frame-work of Public Policy Analysis. W.A.H. Thissen & W.E. Walker (eds), Public Pol-icy Analysis. International Series in Operations Research & Management Science 179, Springer, New York, 215-261.
- Co-leader of research theme ‘Integrated Decisionmaking’ within Institute of Management Research
- Member of the International Society of Decisionmaking under Deep Uncertainty
- Member of the Editorial Board of European Journal on Transport and Infrastructure Research (EJTIR) and The Institution of Engineering and Technology - Intelligent Transport Systems (IET-ITS)
- Member of the Academy of the Netherlands Study Centre for Technology Trends (STT) & Chair of the ‘Netwerk Toekomst Verkenningen’ (NTV)
- Member of the Council for the Environment and Infrastructure (RLI) –advisory committee on ‘Future Dutch mainports policies’
- Fellow of the Knowledge Institute for Transport Policy Analysis (KIM)
Managing Director TRAIL Research School
- +31 15 27 86046
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Engineering Systems and Services
Transport and Logistics
Intelligent Public Transport
Connection to database has been unsuccessful
The requested information is currently not available. We're working on fixing this as soon as possible. Our apologies for the inconvience.