Call for scientific IDEE team members
In January 2023, IDEE was officially launched. After an extensive round of consultations three themes were prioritized:
Theme 1. Students taking responsibility for their own learning process
Theme 2. Retention of knowledge and skills
Theme 3. Future engineering skills
The call to become a thematic team member is closed.
TU Delft Scientific staff members were requested to hand in their individual Letter of Intent, via Teachingacademy@tudelft.nl by 7 April at the latest.
Phase 1: Individual Letter of Intent
Phase 2: Thematic Team proposal
Phase 3: Official go by the IDEE-board
- 7 April 2023: Deadline to send in an individual Letter of Intent
- 17 April 2023 (15:00-18:00): Thematic teams gathering: meeting with all TU Delft Scientific Staff members who handed in the Letter of Intent. Start of the thematic teams to write their proposals.
- 23 June 2023: Deadline to send in the proposals
- Mid July 2023: Official go for the proposals by IDEE-board
- Mid July 2023 – September 2023: Recruiting Phd candidates and Postdocs by the teams
- 21 September 2023 (15:00-18:00): Kick-off session; grand launch of the thematic teams and their projects.
Colleagues meeting the following requirements are invited to apply:
- In the Letter of Intent, the Applicant can only choose one Theme.
- The applicant must have a contract of employment within the TU Delft as a scientific staff member.
- Time (min. 0,2 FTE) must be made available within the department for the applicant to devote to IDEE.
- When the applicant wants to be considered for the Team leader role the applicant should be able to dedicate 0.4 FTE and should be able to act as promotor.
- The applicant is open to work in a team where research and innovation are intertwined with the aim to solve TU-wide educational challenges based on and contributing to scientific research.
- The applicant is committed to be part of the IDEE-community
By submitting an individual Letter of Intent, applicants indicate that they want to work on one (1) of the themes, and they indicate that they want to write a proposal on the selected theme in a team.
A letter of Intent consists of three parts:
1) Personal Data (Name, Position, Faculty)
2) Theme selection with a short motivation for the theme. (max 150 words)
3) Envisioned role in the Team
The Letter of Intent should be submitted by the applicant, via Teachingacademy@tudelft.nl by 7 April at the latest.
The IDEE Proposal should be submitted by the Thematic Team, via Teachingacademy@tudelft.nl by 23 June at the latest.
Criteria for assessing the IDEE Proposals.
The IDEE Proposal clearly describes:
- A coherent set of challenges in Engineering Education to be tackled in the programme.
o Relevant and actual for TU Delft Engineering Education
o Interdisciplinary and cross-curicular of nature
o Clearly described
- The coherent relation between innovation and research activities in the programme
- Relevant potential research questions to be tackled by Phd, Postdoc or other scientific team members
- References to state-of-the-art research literature, relevant for the challenges and research questions at hand
Form / Design
- The team: the team leader and the team members and their affiliation, tasks and roles in the team
- A clear global planning
- Some possible methodologies to be applied to tackle challenges and research questions
- The role of students
- An indication of possible deliverables
- How the innovation and research results will be implemented in TU Delft Engineering Education
- The potential relevance of its outcomes in other and broader contexts than the ones mentioned in the proposal
- A strategy for publishing/sharing the results