Hatha Yoga is a form of yoga that involves the practice of various asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing techniques), with a focus on relaxation and time for meditation. The breathing exercises heighten your awareness of the connection between the body and mind. By practising yoga you will become more self-aware of the signals that your body gives.
Safety measures coronavirus:
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines and the guidelines of the TU Delft.
- Keeping 1.5 metres distance is no longer a rule; however, it is still a sensible idea to allow each other plenty of room.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- If you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription, make sure you have your Campus Card or X card with you.
- Inside Cafe X and at some events, a COVID certificate is required.
During the group lesson you will practise yoga in various positions: standing, sitting and lying down. The yoga postures help keep the spine straight, strengthen the muscles and improve circulation. There is a strong emphasis on relaxing the body and mind through specific exercises that focus on breathing and concentration. By attending yoga lessons you are investing in yourself by taking time out for exercise and relaxation.
Iris took several yoga courses among which a course about yoga for kids and a course to become a personal yoga coach. She has been working as a yoga teacher at different gyms, yoga studios and X since 2010. Furthermore, she opened up her own yoga studio in 2015. Iris’ Hatha Yoga lessons contain exercises which focuses on breathing, relaxation and gaining flexibility through stretching. Her Power Yoga is a fitness-based Vinyasa practice, in which the breathing will be synchronized with movement.
Astrid Bontenbal followed an internal yoga training at the Body & Mind center Merlijn and became proficient in Power Yoga, Hatha Yoga and Sivananda Yoga. She is a yoga teacher since 2011. She has also taught at various events and has taught 'office yoga' for colleagues. Astrid's Hatha Yoga lessons consist of exercises aimed at developing strength, balance and flexibility, but above all intended to relax body and mind.