Krav maga is a self-defence art that originated in Hungary and was further developed in Israel. Krav maga is known for its focus on often real-life situations which are simulated during training sessions, such as kidnapping, danger at night and gun or knife attacks. Unlike other self-defence arts, such as aikido and jiu jitsu which are characterised by very subtle techniques, krav maga is mainly limited to techniques that are based on the body’s natural instincts, which makes it easier to learn.
Safety measures coronavirus:
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines and the guidelines of the TU Delft.
- Keeping 1.5 metres distance is no longer a rule; however, it is still a sensible idea to allow each other plenty of room.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- If you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription, make sure you have your Campus Card or X card with you.
- Inside Cafe X and at some events, a COVID certificate is required.
During the Krav Maga lessons, you'll develop a high degree of resilience which will help you anticipate aggression. You'll learn a range of effective techniques, such as punches, kicks, grips and take-down techniques. The lessons also focus on how to react in various real-life situations, such as what to do if someone attacks you with a knife.
Dick van Wijngaarden
Dick was educated as a sports teacher at CIOS Overveen, he is trained as judo teacher and specialized in Budo (Japanese Martial Arts). He masters karate (third Dan ), jiu jitsu (first Dan) and judo (second Dan). Furthermore, he also followed a mindfulness course. Dick works as a sensai for Budo, circuit trainer and gives the mindfulness lessons at X.
|Each lesson is 60 minutes|
|Wear comfortable sports clothes with long trousers.|
The Delft students Budo Sports Association D.S.B.V. Yoroshi organises advanced training for budosports in collaboration with X. The advanced trainings are only accessible for Yoroshi members and will take place, just like the ticket hours, in the Dojo of X.
With a Yoroshi membership you can do more than just participate in the advanced training. Last year, Yoroshi organized for their members Budo sports related clinics like gun disarming and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.