As its name suggests, Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) combines techniques from various martial arts. It features elements from judo, karate, kung fu, kickboxing, Thai boxing, boxing, jujitsu and wrestling. What makes MMA different is that it can be done standing up and on the ground.
Safety measures coronavirus:
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines and the guidelines of the TU Delft.
- Keeping 1.5 metres distance is no longer a rule; however, it is still a sensible idea to allow each other plenty of room.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- If you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription, make sure you have your Campus Card or X card with you.
- Inside Cafe X and at some events, a COVID certificate is required.
The MMA group lesson is intended for everyone, at all levels. You can always take part, whether or not you have experience. After a warm-up, you will set to work, led by an experienced trainer. You will be taught a range of techniques, originating from various martial arts. Punch bags and other equipment can be used and one of the other participants will be your sparring partner.
Shely Santana dos Santos
Shely started practicing Capoeira when he was eight years old. In 2007 he started as a Capoeira instructor, until 2013 in Argentina. Besides Capoeira, Shely started kickboxing in 2004. In 2009 he had his first professional fight.
|Wear your own martial arts suit and bring any protective gear.|