Piloxing Knock-out is a challenging work-out derived from Piloxing which is in turn a combination of Pilates and Boxing. This work-out combines the muscle conditioning and flexibility of Pilates with the power and cardio exercise of boxing. It challenges your endurance as well as increasing your physical capacities.
Safety measures coronavirus:
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines and the guidelines of the TU Delft.
- Keeping 1.5 metres distance is no longer a rule; however, it is still a sensible idea to allow each other plenty of room.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- If you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription, make sure you have your Campus Card or X card with you.
- Inside Cafe X and at some events, a COVID certificate is required.
During the Piloxing Knock-out lessons the instructor guides you through six rounds of exercises consisting of a three-minute base and a two-minute drill. Each base takes you through high-intensity exercises based on boxing, functional training, cardio and plyometrics. These high-intensity and plyometric exercises help you to improve your condition. The latter exercises exert force on the muscles by causing them to stretch first and then to contract as powerfully as possible. Increasing the explosive power and elasticity of your muscles. Finally, the drills consist of classic, dynamic exercises with a hardcore twist.
Sharmayne obtained a number of sport instructor certificates for Zumba, Bokwa and Piloxing between 2009 and 2015. Furthermore she has been working as a sports instructor at different gyms, schools and events. She owns her own fitness company. Because of her interests in sports and children, she is now studying to become a teacher at the Thomas Moore academy in Rotterdam.
|Wear comfortable sports clothes and gym shoes, and don't forget to bring a towel and a bottle of water.|