The voice is our most valuable possession. It is an instrument that we can use for various purposes. One of them is singing. But in order to sing well, you need to learn to use your voice properly. There are various styles and techniques, and you can sing solo or in a group.
Safety measures coronavirus:
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines and the guidelines of the TU Delft.
- Keeping 1.5 metres distance is no longer a rule; however, it is still a sensible idea to allow each other plenty of room.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- If you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription, make sure you have your Campus Card or X card with you.
- Inside Cafe X and at some events, a COVID certificate is required.
Depending on the experience level you’ll learn how to use your voice in a healthy way and how to prevent voice problems. Through singing and group exercises you’ll discover the possibilities of singing in a group. The focus will be on issues such as breath support, pitch, sound projection and instrument (voice) awareness. You’ll practice your way of singing and by using interpretation, improvisation and basic harmonies and techniques, you’ll learn how to develop your own natural sound. You will discover the different elements that can influence the sound of your voice.
Shirley graduated from Codarts Rotterdam in 2010. She has performed as a backing vocal for famous Dutch artist such as Trijntje Oosterhuis, Alain Clark and Ilse de Lange and works as a vocal coach for several Dutch singers.