The Spartan Workout is a type of boot camp designed to increase body strength. Boot camp training was inspired by military training, which focuses on strength, stamina and team work. Furthermore, the lessons will also improve your coordination.
Safety measures coronavirus:
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines and the guidelines of the TU Delft.
- Keeping 1.5 metres distance is no longer a rule; however, it is still a sensible idea to allow each other plenty of room.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- If you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription, make sure you have your Campus Card or X card with you.
- Inside Cafe X and at some events, a COVID certificate is required.
Spartan Workout is held outdoors whenever possible. During the lesson you work on your strength and stamina through exercises using your own body weight and other training devices, which may include tree trunks, car tyres and pull-up bars. The different individual and group exercises are designed to push your entire body to the limit. At the same time, you will build up your discipline, perseverance and confidence. If you attend the lessons regularly, you’ll notice an improvement in your strength, speed and explosive power.
Bart van de Laar
Alongside his studies at TU Delft, Bart took a course to become boot camp instructor at the AALO and joined a special Spartan Workout instructor course.
|The training takes place outside unless the instructor notes otherwise. On Tuesdays, we gather at the pull-up bars in the far right corner of the sports grounds. On Thursdays, we gather outside in front of the main entrance of X. The hosts in the entrance hall are always informed about the location.|
Wear outdoor clothing (weather appropriate) and outdoor sports shoes. Remember to bring a bottle of water.