You can do VR gaming at the ACTlab. ACTlab is short for Arts, Crafts and Technology lab. It is a place to experiment and design, transforming your designs into something tangible. The lab brings people together from different disciplines, including craftspeople, artists, designers and academics. Not only can you do VR gaming, you can also attend courses, take part in projects, work independently during Open Lab hours and join Community Nights.
Safety measures coronavirus
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and arrange a test.
- Keep 1.5 meters apart during all activities.
- Wear a face mask when moving through the building.
- For all outdoor activities and indoor group activities, groups of up to 4 people are permitted.
- Change before you come to X.
- Bring as little stuff as possible.
- Come to X only on reservation.
- Come no earlier than 5 minutes before the start time.
- After your activity(s), leave immediately.
In Virtual Reality (VR) gaming, you wear a special headset which allows you to see and hear the virtual environment during the game. This gives you the feeling that you are actually in the world where the game is set. You can perform actions and manipulate the virtual world, allowing you to feel part of it. The forecast is that it will even be possible in the future to feel and smell your virtual surroundings. In the Playground there are two VR Booths, which can be used to play the newest VR games. To use them on your own, you need a VR certificate. After the summer period, the Certificate Nights return.
Reserve a VR booth - possible as of 6 July
to make use of the VR booths, it is obligated to reserve a booth in advance. Click on the link below to make a reservation.
You need an X subscription to reserve a VR Booth.Rates overview
Reserve a booth in advance
Before you can use the VR Booths independently, you must first obtain a training certificate