In addition to the original form of volleyball, indoor volleyball, there are now many different versions of the game, such as beach volley, mini volleyball and even sitting volleyball. At X, you can play indoor volleyball throughout the year, and beach volleyball in the summer. All versions of the sport follow the same principle: players are not allowed to catch the ball, they are only allowed to strike or push it. Additionally, individual players may not touch the ball twice consecutively. Volleyball is therefore a very fast, challenging and spectacular sport. Good communication with your teammates is essential.
Safety measures coronavirus:
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines and the guidelines of the TU Delft.
- Keeping 1.5 metres distance is no longer a rule; however, it is still a sensible idea to allow each other plenty of room.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- If you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription, make sure you have your Campus Card or X card with you.
- Inside Cafe X and at some events, a COVID certificate is required.
Volleyball association D.S.V.V. “Punch” offers volleyball training sessions in collaboration with X. You can only play volleyball as a member of this association. Teams are selected at the start of each academic year based on the player ability and each team gets its own coach. Each training session starts with a warming-up, after which you then pair off and practice volleying the ball to each other. You then usually do several technical exercises. The trainer always draws up a plan, so that certain techniques are covered in blocks (which last a few weeks). This might be overhead shots, rallies, serves or attacking skills. Training sessions usually finish with a game, so you can prepare for the match during the weekend.
You need a valid X year subscription and association membership to participate.X subscription
|You’ll need a membership of the association.|
|Wear comfortable clothes and indoor trainers, and remember to bring a towel and a bottle of water!|