Get to know a material that you see and work with every day, on a whole new level: wood. In this course, you’ll be able to create something unique with this versatile material from start to finish.
Safety measures coronavirus:
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines and the guidelines of the TU Delft.
- Keeping 1.5 metres distance is no longer a rule; however, it is still a sensible idea to allow each other plenty of room.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- If you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription, make sure you have your Campus Card or X card with you.
- Inside Cafe X and at some events, a COVID certificate is required.
During this course, you’ll go off the beaten track. You will experience that wood as a material is very versatile. Did you know that is has a lot of the same qualities as plastic? It can be bended easier that you might think! In this course you will bend wood in a mould; this is called laminating. By combining this technique with digital techniques and some imagination, you can create original sculptures.
Because this is not a standard technique, the course is accessible for all levels.
Nora van Krimpen
Nora van Krimpen worked as a cabinet maker, specialised in ship accommodations between 1999 and 2007. Hereafter, she started working as an instructor woodworking at the Academy of Arts in Rotterdam (The Willem de Kooning Academy) and never left. The past five years, she has combined this with working for her own design studio; igNor. As a teacher, Nora uses both digital and artisanal techniques. This combination provides the most optimal space for artistic self- development, consolidation of knowledge and skills and originality.