In order to minimize the chance of spreading the coronavirus, we ask you to adhere to the following conditions:
- Always keep 1.5 meters apart from one another.
- Stay at home if you belong to the risk group or if you have one of the following complaints: cold symptoms (such as nasal cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat), coughing, shortness of breath, fever, and/or sudden loss of smell and/or taste (without nasal congestion). You should also stay at home if one of your housemates has a fever (from 38 degrees Celsius) and/or shortness of breath.
- For hygiene reasons, we ask you to wash your hands regularly with water and soap or use alcohol gel. At X you can use the disinfection pumps at the entrance. Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hands. Do not shake hands.
- Changing rooms and showers are still closed. If you come to play sports, make sure you have changed before coming to X. Toilets are available in the entrance hall.
- Bring your own materials and/or instruments and fill your water bottle at home. You cannot borrow materials and instruments from X for the time being. You may use materials which comes standard in the rooms, such as a piano in a music studio.
- Come to X no earlier than 5 minutes before the start time of your activity.
- After your planned activity(s) you will leave immediately.
- When you come to X for an activity, you always have to make a reservation in advance. Cafe X is freely accessible with a maximum of 50 visitors.
- Use of a (large) towel is obligated when participating in a ticket hour and/or when visiting the Fitness. Without towel, you cannot participate.
We trust that everyone agrees with the above conditions. Only then can we make safe and responsible use of the facilities at X in the 1.5-meter society.
Terms and Conditions
Your participation in activities at X is at your own risk. We recommend that you take out effective third-party liability and accident insurance. In addition, X is not liable for theft, loss of or damage to personal property. Do not leave valuable possessions unattended in the rooms and changing areas. You can use a locker to store your belongings free of charge. Please note: at 05:00 every morning, all lockers open automatically; so make sure you do not leave your belongings in a locker overnight.
X reserves the right to cancel advertised activities.
Withdrawal and refunds
You are entitled to have the hosts cancel an X subscription, course or product within 14 days after purchase, without citing reasons, provided that you have not made use of it in any way. You will have the full purchase amount refunded. It is not possible to withdraw from events and non-recurrent activities, unless they have been cancelled.
If you have already made use of an X subscription or course, you can, in the event of force majeure*, have this terminated prematurely in consultation with the Hosts and have part of the purchase amount refunded. The amount refunded will be determined in accordance with a set calculation method. Refunds are not possible for events, non-recurrent activities and products.
* Possible forms of force majeure:
- If you go abroad for your degree programme and will therefore be unable to make use of your X subscription or course.
- If you can demonstrate that you are unable to make use of your X subscription or course due to injury.
X reserves the right to introduce price changes during the season if deemed necessary.
No rights may be derived from any errors in the prices quoted.
Changes in the range offered
X reserves the right to change the fixed range on offer on a quarterly basis.
Property rights on work
Any items you have made during a course, workshop or event can be collected up to two weeks afterwards. They will then become the permanent property of X and X will also be entitled to use them in publications.
Registering as an external person
Anyone interested in a course at X who is not a TU Delft student, PhD candidate or member of staff may still be able to participate if places are available. Contact the Hosts to check availability on the day that the course is set to start. If a place is free, the Hosts can arrange your registration.
Missing a lesson
If you are unable to attend a lesson, it is unfortunately not possible to catch up at a later date.
Courses are generally made up of a series of seven lessons. X reserves the right to postpone a lesson by a week on a once-only basis in the event of trainer illness or absence.
The use of an X subscription is always strictly personal. It is not permitted to make use of a Campus Card or X Card belonging to someone else or that you may have found. To prevent misuse/loss, we recommend that you report any mislaid Campus Card or X Card to the Hosts.
Lost or damaged X Card
At the Hosts you can purchase a new X Card for the amount of €10.-.