Beyond REPAiR: making the transition of the circular economy happen
13 oktober 2020 09:00 t/m 17:15 - Locatie: Online - Door: Communication BK
The results of the H2020 Resource Management in Peri-urban Areas (REPAIR) project will be presented and discussed during this online final event.
The 18 project partners from 6 countries have come up with:
- more than 100 eco-innovative solutions supporting the transition towards Circular Economy
- a detailed mapping of waste flows and wastescapes in six cities across Europe
- a multi-dimensional and multiscalar LCA based sustainable assessment framework
- a transdisciplinary knowledge generation methodology
All developed within innovative co-creational peri-urban living labs (PULL) and supported by an on-line geodesign decision support environment (GDSE).
The programme starts with keynote lectures on the future challenges of the Circular Economy from European, regional and local perspectives. Thereafter, the results of the REPAiR and sister H2020 projects UrbanWins, FORCE and CINDERELA will be presented and discussed. The REPAiR exhibition will present the results in detail in virtual exhibition rooms.
The parallel sessions will offer the opportunity to:
- explore the GDSE and the PULL methodology
- discuss and benchmark your city on its way towards a Circular Economy
- discuss the ins and outs of the sustainability assessment of eco-innovative solutions.
The day will be closed with an expert panel discussion on how to make the urgent transition towards a Circular Economy happen.
Visit the REPAiR project website for the full programme.
Participation in the event is free of charge, but registration is compulsory.
Please register here before 6 October 2020.
- Event ‘Beyond REPAIR: making the transition of the circular economy happen’
- H2020 research project ‘Resource Management in Peri-urban Areas (REPAIR)’
- Research story ‘A mine of information in waste data’