Symposium/Inaugural speech prof.dr.ir. M. van Koningsveld 19 November 2021
19 november 2021 09:30 t/m 18:00 - Locatie: Aula – Mekelweg 5 in Delft (Auditorium 2nd Floor and Foyer 1st Floor) - Door: Webredactie
Access only after registration.
Prior to the inaugural lecture, a symposium entitled 'Addressing the challenges of future ports and waterways' will be held in the Auditorium at 9.30 a.m. (lunch included).
Morning symposium: 'Addressing the challenges of future ports and waterways'
Location: Aula – Mekelweg 5 in Delft (Auditorium 2nd Floor and Foyer 1st Floor)
The interlinking of education, research and valorisation is a key strategy principle of Delft University. New research should find its way to into the education programme. Research and practice should inspire each other. During this symposium you will learn about the current research lines of the Ports and Waterways group and meet the researchers behind these.
We will show how we integrate new research findings into our education program. Experts from our outside partners will share their experiences with applying our research outcomes.
- 09:30 – 10:00 Welcome and coffee
- 10:00 – 11:00 Ports and waterways at TU Delft – research topics, researchers and education
- 11:00 – 11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30 – 12:30
- Innovation and impact – collaborations with government and industry partners and new developments
- Fedor Baart (Deltares – Future modelling and Data Science) – about Digital Twins to explore the behaviour of water transport systems
- Gerben de Boer (Van Oord data lab) – about simulating water transport in the context of dredging and marine construction projects
- 12:30 – 14:00 Meet the researchers & announcements – Enjoy a networking lunch and hear the latest news
Afternoon Inaugural Address: 'Charging into the uncharted'
Location: Aula TU Delft – Mekelweg 5 in Delft (Auditorium 2nd Floor)
Port and waterway systems experience continuous triggers for change. In the competitive global economy, not acting is not an option. But what future should we plan for? And how can we gain insight in complex tradeoffs? In his inaugural address, Mark van Koningsveld will address his vision for the Ports and Waterways field, the challenges that we are facing in the coming years and what this means for research, education and valorisation.
14:30 – 15:00 Arrival of guests
15:00 – 16:00 Inaugural address: “Charging into the uncharted”
16:00 – 18:00 Reception in the foyer