Deadline registration: Changing Values, Changing Technologies
15 september 2021 05:00 - Door: Webredactie
Changing Values, Changing Technologies
We kindly invite you to register for the upcoming international conference Changing Values, Changing Technologies.
Below you will find a description of the conference. For more details see:
The conference will take place in Delft, 12 & 13 October 2021
Confirmed keynote speakers
- Helen Nissenbaum (Cornell Tech)
- Webb Keane (University of Michigan)
- Tsjalling Swierstra (Maastricht University)
The aim of the conference is to present and discuss research on the interrelations of values and technology. Specifically, we aim to explore how novel technological developments lead to changes in moral values and, conversely, how changing moral values affect the developments of new technologies.
- (Historical) case studies of value change and technology
- The interrelation between value change and technological change
- Value change, technical progress and moral progress
- Origins of value change: individual and collective
- Implications of value change for value sensitive design
- Methods for studying and anticipating value change
Registration is free.
To participate, please register here:
September 15, 2021, 5:00am CET
We are currently planning to have the conference in Delft. If the situation changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will update our plans accordingly.
Note that the conference will be held in conjunction with the bi-annual conference of the 4TU.Centre for Ethics and Technology, which will take place on 14-15 October in the Netherlands.
Participants travelling from abroad may take this opportunity to participate in both conferences.
For inquiries about the registration please contact Dr Steffen Steinert at email@example.com
The conference is part of the project ValueChange that has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 788321.
For more information about the project, please visit https://www.valuechange.eu