UCRA2022, September 21-23
21 september 2022 08:00 t/m 23 september 2022 17:30 - Door: Leslie van Leeuwen | Zet in mijn agenda
The Unconventional Catalysis, Reactors and Applications – UCRA2022 will take place in Warwickshire (United Kingdom) from Wednesday, September 21 to Friday, September 23, 2022
Recent trends in heterogeneous catalysis are exceeding traditional applications in industrial reactors and expanding into new areas, such as health, personal protection, climate and energy. Emerging catalysts operate in unconventional environments, such as living cells, ionic liquids and supercritical fluids. Also, unconventional methods for local and selective catalyst activation such as microwaves, light, plasma, ultrasounds, electric or magnetic fields, are explored, aiming to provide the energy needed directly to the catalyst, replacing the traditional, fossil fuel-based reactor heating. This is accompanied by the development of new, unconventional catalyst manufacturing technologies and reactor concepts. Catalysis “beyond the reactor” presents a research area, in which interdisciplinary collaborations between the classical catalysis science, chemical and materials engineering, physics, electrical engineering, energy technology, biology and medicine play a crucial role.
This conference will bring together these collaborating disciplines to provide insights on the latest developments and to help map the future of this exciting research area.
Scientific contributions are invited addressing the following topics:
- Unconventional catalyst synthesis and manufacturing methods
- Unconventional activation methods (microwaves, light, plasma, ultrasound, etc.)
- Electrification of chemical industry
- Catalysis in unconventional environments (in living systems, in confined environments, catalytic processes in the atmosphere or in water and soil)
- Unconventional catalytic reactors & operational protocols (forced periodic modulation, oscillatory baffled reactors and crystallizers, etc)
Abstracts submission deadline: 28 February 2022.
For more information: www.ucra2022.org