Redesign Rietveld Chairs: Student Design Competition
01 maart 2023 09:00 t/m 02 april 2023 23:55 | Zet in mijn agenda
We are excited to announce the winners of the Redesign Rietveld Chairs: Student Design Competition!
Please visit: https://newmediacentre.tudelft.nl/rietveld/ to check out the winning designs, as well as selected entries. The designs are also on display digitally as part of the ‘Redesign Rietveld’ Exhibition in the Library Main Hall.
The Library offers the Redesign Rietveld exhibition as examples and a challenge for our students to design their own Rietveld chair interpretation. There will be monetary prizes for first, second, and third place (300, 150, and 50 EUR)! Selected chairs will be showcased as part of a virtual exhibition in the library.
Submission deadline: 2 April 2023
Designs must be a virtual model that is an interpretation of a Chair (e.g., able to be sat on) and inspired by or with some connection to Rietveld. Visit the Redesign Rietveld exhibition in the Library to see examples of 1:3 scale model interpretations by contemporary artists and designers like Rietveld bicycles, beach chairs, wheelchairs, Chaise longues, etc. Please note: The contest is open to all, but monetary prizes will be awarded only to TU Delft Students. Entries to the contest will also be granting permission to exhibit and publish their work in the Library and online.
The jury will consist of a small panel of architecture professors, library staff, and art professionals. Winners and designs selected for the virtual exhibition will be contacted via email in early April.
Please submit your design via our online form with the following information:
- Title or name (of design).
- A brief but specific statement (100 words max) to explain design intent.
- Share link (URL) for the model uploaded and hosted on Sketchfab.
- A share link for a .zip file containing:
- High-resolution .jpg (300dpi preferred) rendering of the entry’s chair design.
- An optimized .obj of the 1:3 model design (the smaller the file size the better) *Can be created in software of student’s choice.
- Color or texture information as .mtl and/or .bmp (ideal but not required).