Odette Scharenborg is an Associate Professor and Delft Technology Fellow at the Multimedia Computing Group at Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, working on human speech-processing inspired automatic speech processing. She has an interest in anything and everything speech, human and automatic speech processing, non-nativeness, under-resourced languages, background noise, emotion, and preferably combinations of these. She uses different research techniques ranging from human listening experiments, eye-tracking, EEG, and computational modelling to deep neural networks.
Odette Scharenborg holds an MA in automatic speech recognition and a PhD in automatic and human speech processing from Radboud University, Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- 2019: Associate Editor of IEEE Signal Processing Letters.
- 2018: Elected onto the IEEE Speech and Language Processing Technical Committee (subarea Speech Production and Perception).
- 2018: IEEE senior member.
- 2017: Co-led a 6-week Frederick Jelinek Memorial Summer Workshop (JSALT 2017) at Carnegie Mellon University.
- 2017: Elected onto the board of the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA).
- 2015-2019 (Lead) Area coordinator “Speech Perception, Production and Acquisition” at the Interspeech conference series.
- 2014: Interspeech paper authored by Polina Drozdova, Roeland van Hout, Odette Scharenborg awarded with an Interspeech Travel Grant sponsored by Google, Samsung, and IFLYTEK CO., LTD.
- 2013-2018: Vidi fellowship from NWO (the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research).
- 2006-2010: Veni fellowship from NWO (the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research).
- 2005-2006: Talent scholarship from NWO (the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research).
Visit my website for details of my on-going activities and a full listing of my articles and (invited) lectures.
Please send an e-mail to inquire about internships and BSc/MSc projects.
Bence Mark Halpern, Siyuan Feng, Rob van Son, Michiel van den Brekel, Odette Scharenborg (2023), Automatic evaluation of spontaneous oral cancer speech using ratings from naive listeners, In Speech Communication Volume 149 p.84-97.
Xinsheng Wang, Qicong Xie, Lei Xie, Jihua Zhu, Odette Scharenborg (2022), AnyoneNet: Synchronized Speech and Talking Head Generation for Arbitrary Persons, In IEEE Transactions on Multimedia p.1-12.