Lab on SusTainable sEnsing And coMmunication (STEAM)
The lab focuses on investigating disruptive and sustainable methods for sensing and communication, with a particular focus on embedded systems.
For more information, please see here.
- Marco Zuniga: Head of the STEAM Lab
- Girish Vaidya: PostDoc Fellow
- Eric Wang: PhD candidate
- Keyarash Ghiasi: PhD candidate
- Miguel Chavez: PhD candidate
- Talia Xu: PhD candidate
- Hao Liu: PhD candidate
- Qing Wang, 2016-2017, currently at TU Delft.
- Faisal Aslam, 2013-2015, currently at Educative, Inc.
- Marco Cattani, PhD in 2016, currently at ARM.
- Andreas Loukas, PhD in 2015, currently at the Roche Group.
- Rohan Katkam, An LC-to-camera communication system with ambient light, 2023.
- Dirk den Hoedt, Dynamic Vital Sign estimation for Multiple Persons using mmWave technology, Feb. 2022.
- Lucan de Groot, DynamicVLBC: Battery-less Visible Light Backscatter Communication in Dynamic Conditions, 2022.
- Vivian Dsouza, Spectrum-aware Passive Visible Light Communication, 2022.
- Deniz Danaei, Gunshot Detection in Wildlife using Deep Learning, 2021.
- Zehang Wu, Designing an optical link between a micro-display and a smartphone camera, 2021.
- Roy Blokker, Communication with Ambient Light using Digital Micromirror Devices, 2021.
- Thijs Timmer, Validating a LiFi communication system: an OMNEST emulation approach, 2021.
- Oxana Oosterlee, Indoor Multi-Target Tracking with Solar Cells, 2021.
- Mark Schrauwen, UWB based wheelchair pose tracking, 2021.
- Marek Vette, Adaptive Real-Time PPG Signal Qualification and Pulse Segmentation, 2020.
- Bernard Bekker, Privacy preserving detection and classification of playground users, 2020.
- Tuan Anh Nguyen, LoRa Localisation in Cities with Neural Networks, 2019.
- Priyanka Bhat, Analysis of Remote Sensing approaches for LoRa coverage estimation, 2019.
- Haris Suwignyo, Increasing the Performance of Passive Communication with Ambient Light, 2019.
- Sander van der Spree, Visible Light Communication with Mobile Lights, 2019.
- Vinay Pathi Balaji, Virtual Referee: A system to identify off- sides in Football, 2019.
- Patricia Garcia Ferrin, WiFi Indoor Localization Using Channel State Information, 2019.
- David Bissett, Analysing TDoA Localisation in LoRa Networks, 2018.
- Chaitra Pai, Using static objects for passive communication with sunlight, 2018.
- Danielle van der Werff, Passive Localization of Robots with Ambient Light, 2018.
- Shashwat Verma, Analysing the Performance and Stability of LED-to-Camera Links, 2017.
- Hajo Kleingeld, Sensing human activity with dark light, 2017.
- Rens Bloom, Channel Analysis for Passive Communication with Ambient Light, 2017.
- Hongjia Wu, Co-design of Smart Lighting and Communication for Visible Light Networks, 2017.
- Ruiling Zhang, Leveraging lighting systems with novel color sensor-based applications, 2017.
- Johnny Verhoeff, Leveraging VLC for energy disaggregation in Smart Buildings, 2016.
- Aniruddha Deshpande, Relative localization for Mobile Nodes using Visible Light, 2016.
- Fei Tan, User-in-the-loop smart lighting control system, 2016.
- Junwei Zhang, Passive Localization with Visible Light, 2016.
- Joost Naaijen, Low Overhead Indoor Localisation on a Navel Ship, 2016.
- Michail Vasilakis, DynaLight: A Dynamic Visible Light Communication Link for Smartphones, 2015.
- Aimee Ferouge, Handshake Recognition applied to Wireless Data Exchange in Smartbands, 2015.
- Coen Roest, Enabling the Chaos Networking Primitive on Bluetooth LE, 2015.
- Kevin Warmerdam, Networked Indoor Lighting Controls with Visible Light Communication, 2015.
- Anass Drif, Leveraging the capture effect for indoor localization, 2015.
- Lennart Klaver, Design of a network stack for directional visible light communication, 2014.
- Si Li, Network Lifetime Analysis of Data Collection Protocols, 2014.
- Tristan Timmermans, Energy Saving in Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Locks Connected via Mobile Phone to the Internet, 2014.
- Vasileios Vasilopoulos, Do we really need A Priori Link Quality Estimation?, 2013.