Journal & Conference Articles
M. Geraedts, J. Alpízar-Castillo, L. Ramírez-Elizondo and P. Bauer, "Optimal Sizing of a Community Level Thermal Energy Storage System," 2022 IEEE 21st Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference (MELECON), Palermo, Italy, 2022, pp. 52-57, doi.org/10.1109/MELECON53508.2022.9842945.
J. Alpízar-Castillo, L. Ramirez-Elizondo, and P. Bauer, “Assessing the Role of Energy Storage in Multiple Energy Carriers toward Providing Ancillary Services: A Review,” Energies, vol. 16, no. 1, p. 379, Dec. 2022, doi: 10.3390/en16010379. [Online]. Available: dx.doi.org/10.3390/en16010379
J. Alpízar-Castillo, L. Ramírez-Elizondo and P. Bauer, " The Effect of Non-Coordinated Heating Electrification Alternatives on a Low-Voltage Distribution Network with High PV Penetration," 2023 IEEE 27th International Conference on Compatibility, Power Electronics, and Power Engineering (CPE-POWERENG), Tallinn, Estonia, 2023, doi.org/10.1109/CPE-POWERENG58103.2023.10227394.
S. J. Kouwenberg, J. Alpízar-Castillo, L. Ramírez-Elizondo and P. Bauer, "Insight into the Characterization of Sea-Salt Batteries," 2023 IEEE 27th International Conference on Compatibility, Power Electronics, and Power Engineering (CPE-POWERENG), Tallinn, Estonia, 2023, doi.org/10.1109/CPE-POWERENG58103.2023.10227412.
3 October 2023 - Workshop 4: Realizing Hybrid Storage
- Gerrit Miedema - Hybrid Energy Storage by Sea salt Batteries
- Menno Kardolus - Innovations in V2x: underground FlexGrid energy system
- Laurens Mackay - Second Life Battery Storage in DC Microgrids
- Luis D. Couto, Grietus Mulder & Raf Ponnette - Aging of Li-ion batteries and how to deal with it
- J. Alpízar Castillo, L. Ramírez Elizondo & P. Bauer - The Effect of Non Coordinated Heating Electrification Alternativeson a Low Voltage Distribution Network with High PV Penetration
- Dario Slaifstein - Operating Multi-Carrier Energy Systems
- Arnoud van der Zee - Validating Energy Hubs in Fieldlab Environments
24 February 2023 - Student Meet-up on System Integration
18 October 2022 - Workshop 2: FlexBat meets FLEXINet: Adding intelligent flexibility to the distribution grid
- Mart van Bracht - Topsector Energie: Systeemintegratie
- Marco Stecca - FlexBat
- Joel Alpizar-Castillo - TU Delft: Multi carrier coupling and system aggregation (part of FLEXINet)
- Siddhesh Shinde - TU Delft: Underground Power electronics Interface (part of FLEXINet)
16 May 2022 - FLEXINet Workshop 1: Essentials
Press Release & Media
The following artciles in media mention the flexinet project
20 November 2023 - Energy Man: Van steenkool naar batterij
Menno Bentveld explores the energy transition as a radical change in the way we use energy. He visits The Green Village for Dr Ten's sea salt battery. Marnix Ten Kortenaar, founder of DrTen explains. (From 31':37'' In Dutch).
14 November 2023 - De energietransitie maakt gelijkstroom aantrekkelijker
26 April 2021 - Energiesysteem van de toekomst in Hilversum
26 April 2021 - HET and FLEXINet are working on Hilversum of the future
10 February 2021 - 5.7 million euro for hybrid energy storage systems NEWS