Through collaboration with housing corporation DUWO, TU Delft can offer its international staff & guests help in finding initial accommodation when coming to the Netherlands.
DUWO offers short-stay accommodation to the following target groups:
- PhD candidates - 4 months to 1 year
- Other (guests/employees) - 2 weeks to 1 year
Those intending to stay in the Netherlands for more than twelve months will need to find more permanent accommodation themselves while in short-stay.
Please note: TU Delft will charge a non-refundable housing fee €228,00.
After reserving accommodation, DUWO will invoice you the first and last two months’ rent in advance plus administration/contract fee (€100).
Complete procedure application DUWO Housing
All accommodation is fully furnished and supplied with cooking utensils and bed linen. A washing machine is usually available. There are three types of accommodation:
- small or large studios with a private shower/toilet/kitchen
- 2-room apartments (for couples only) with a private shower/toilet/kitchen
- private rooms with shared facilities; you will have your own bed/living room, but share a shower, toilet and/or kitchen with others
All accommodation is situated within four kilometers of the University.
- How to apply
The application process consists of several steps. You can find a full description on this DUWO web page.
A brief summary of this process:
- Contact the secretary the department you’ll be working for. She can submit an application for accommodation with TU Delft’s Central International Office.
- In addition you will need to pay a non-refundable handling fee of € 228,- to TU Delft’s Central International Office to have your application considered.
- After the payment of the handling fee has been received TU Delft’s Central International Office will register you in the reservation system of housing corporation DUWO. Please note: non-EU nationalities will only be registered in the reservation system after a positive decision on your visa application has been received.
- You will receive an e-mail containing a link to activate your DUWO account. Once you’ve activated your DUWO account you’ll be able to see all available accommodations and reserve a room.
- You will then find your first invoice in your DUWO account
- To finalize your rental contract, you will need to:
- Upload a copy of your passport or ID
- Upload a statement of income (not applicable to PhD’s) - Pay the first invoice
- Sign the rental contract online
What qualifies as a statement of income:
- If you are a paid employee at TU Delft you can provide a copy of your employment letter. - If you are a non-paid employee you’ll need a statement that you won’t be earning an income in the Netherlands. The secretary of the department you’ll be working for can request such a statement at the HR-Services department for you.
- Payment details TU Delft handling fee for accommodation:
BIC code (former SWIFT code): ABN ANL2A
IBAN code: NL87ABNA0539856568
ABN AMRO AMSTERDAM
Gustav Mahlerlaan 10
1082 PP AMSTERDAM
Account number: 188.8.131.528
TU Delft, SSC F&C
Admissions Office TU
Attn. CSA/MS. S. van den Hoeven
2600 GA DELFT
State your Date of birth (dd-mm-yy), surname and first name(s)
in the payment details field of your bank transfer.
And mail a copy of the payment order to MSc@tudelft.nl as soon as possible.
*) Please inquire what account holder details are necessary for your country/bank
- Rental period
- For PhD students: 4 months to a year; PhD's have the option to move on to unfurnished long stay accommodation after staying in short stay housing.
- For guests: 2 weeks – 1 year.
- More information
For more information, step-by-step application instructions, rental terms and conditions, visit the DUWO website.
- Upon arrival
If you arrive before the start of your rental contract, after office hours or during the weekend, you may need to spend a night in a hostel or hotel at your own expense.
Several other accommodation options are available (websites with * are only in Dutch)
Note that TU Delft does not accept any liability for the reliability of the various organisations mentioned here.