Registering with the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND)

Staff members from the EU/EER (List I) who intend to stay in the Netherlands longer than three months are advised to register with the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).
The IND will attach a 'declaration of registration' to your passport. This will enable you to prove that you are in the Netherlands legally (e.g. when dealing with the tax office or local authorities).

If you are from Romania or Bulgaria (List Ia), you will not be eligible to register, although you may apply for a residence permit (VVR) on a voluntary basis. 

NB: You will not be able to register with the IND until after you have registered with your local municipality. See below for more information.

For an appointment to register with the IND, please call 0900 123 4561.

For further information, see the brochure (PDF) from the IND.

List of courties