In the OV-chipkaart Graduation Lab three graduation students of the faculty of Industrial Design Engineering of TU Delft envision design solutions that can increase the usability of electronic ticketing for public transport in the Netherlands.
Goals of the project
The goal of this project is to create and evaluate design solutions that increase the usability of the OV-chipkaart. This is done based on an analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the usage of the current OV-chipkaart system, and through a comparison with similar systems in Hong Kong (Octopus) and London (Oyster). The intention is to look beyond the current usage problems, at possibilities the system could offer travelers in the near future, and how these should be designed so they are easy and pleasurable to use.
- Dr.ir. Jasper van Kuijk
- Ir. Lilian Henze
- Ir. Erik Roscam Abbing
- Dr.ir. Bart Gerritsen
- Dutch ministry of Infrastructure and Environment (IenM),
- Association of Dutch Provinces (IPO)
- Cooperating of Dutch City Regions on transportation and traffic (SkVV)
- Dutch National Railways (NS)
- Rotterdam Municipal Transport (RET)
- Dutch Traveller’s Association (ROVER)