Prof. dr. Hultink, H.J.
Erik Jan Hultink is a Professor of New Product Marketing at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. His research focuses on launch and branding strategies for new products. He has published on these topics in such journals as the Journal of the Academy in Marketing Science, and the Journal of Product Innovation Management. He was ranked number six in the list of the World’s Top Innovation Management Scholars, and selected as the most productive European researcher publishing in the Journal of Product Innovation Management. He is co-founder and board member of the Dutch chapter of the Product Development and Management Association (PDMA). He regularly consults companies on the topic of new product launch, and frequently appears on the Dutch television and radio commenting on the success and failure chances of new products.
Ph.D. dissertation, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands. Title: Launch strategies and new product performance (cum laude)
MBA course on high tech marketing, University of Chicago, Graduate School of Business, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Economics at the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Propaedeutic exam 1988 (Cum Laude), Specializations: external organization and marketing and market research. M.Sc.
Freshman year in Business Administration, Columbia College, Columbia, Missouri, USA (Dean’s List)
Grammar School, Science Degree, Thorbecke Scholengemeenschap, Zwolle
- October 2002 - present
Professor of New Product Marketing, Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands.
- May 1997 - September 2002
Associate Professor of Marketing, Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands.
- May 1993 - April 1997
Assistant Professor of Marketing, Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands.
- January 1992 - April 1993
Research Fellow, Marketing Section, Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands.
Participation in a number of postgraduate courses on a regular basis. TIAS / ING, TIAS / Marketing College, Academie voor Management (RUG), Nyenrode, Avondcollege’s Marketing, EURIB Brand/Product Management, Syntens, CIHEAM Zaragoza, ALBA.
On a regular basis I advise companies on market acceptance, success and failure factors, and launch strategies for new products (e.g., KPN Telecom, CSM, Well Design, HAK, Sara Lee, Syntens).
Specialisation / field of research
- Launch strategies and new product performance (with Katrin Talke)
- Time to market strategies for new industrial products (with Prof. Dr. A. Griffin, USA and Dr. F. Langerak, EUR)
- IT usage and new product effectiveness (with Gloria Barczak/Fareena Sultan, Northeastern University, Boston, USA)
- Organizing for new product development: The moderating role of top management supervision (with Nukhet Harmancioglu, Bilkent University, Turkey)
Lectures and/or coaches students on:
- Marketing and launch planning / New product commercialization
- MarkStrat simulation
- Marketing strategy
- New products management
- New product economics / Forecasting
- Supervision of graduation projects of students in industrial design engineering
- Guest lectures (Austria, Colombia, Greece, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Spain)
Beschrijving: Examencollege, NIMA-C examen.
Belang TUD Delft. Zichtbaarheid!
Aantasting TUD: geen
Aantal uren: 2 uren
Click here for an overview of my publications.
Productontwikkeling en Marketing
E.J. Hultink, J.P.L. Schoormans