Ir. Kroon, C.P.J.M.
Caroline Kroon is lecturer at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering.
After my graduation I started working for a Japanese company. There I experienced working in a multidisciplinary team and I learned to develop new products from scratch to production. After 8 years I switched to EJOK industrial design agency, where I was involved in a very broad range of projects from product design to experience design. Since 2005 I work as a freelance industrial designer and as a co-owner/designer I was involved in two start-ups (Kickstarter campaign 2014).
Since 2005 I also started working as a tutor at IDE TU Delft and in 2017 I joined the department DE as a "teacher of practice". I am passionate to put people at the heart of my work, whether when I am designing products for consumers or whether I am teaching students. For teaching it's important for me to encourage and motivate students to make their own choices based on thorough analysis. I enjoy inspiring students and getting inspired by students.
- 1984 – 1990
Msc, Delft University of Technology, faculty of Industrial design Engineering
Development and execution of the crowdfunding campaign for Dock2Office, via Kickstarter USA
- Co-owner of Teach32, a company who developed educational tools.
- Various projects for start-ups: e.g. strategic design, idea creation, business development.
- Senior designer/project leader for various projects: concept development, idea creation
- Concept and product design, from sketch untill production of technical high quality products.
Lectures/Coaches students on:
PO1, PO2, PO4, Form & Experience (FX), Bachelor Final Project (BFP), Minor Sports Innovation
Advanced Concept Design (ACD), Joint Master Project (JMP), Mentor graduation project
- Owner/designer at KROON design
- Freelance designer at MMEK'