Agnes Tan is lecturer at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering. She is also the manager of the Product Evaluation Laboratory (PEL).
Agnes Tan is manager of the Product Evaluation Laboratory at the Department of Product Innovation Management. She also coaches groups of students by doing their research in the 'Bachelor Final Project' course and in the Master course 'Customer Research in New Product Development'.
Agnes graduated from the University of Professional Education, the Hague (HES) with a specialisation: Commercial Economics (Marketing and Market Research). Directly after her graduation she worked as a staff member and later on as replacement head at the Financial Department of the faculty of 3ME, and in 1987 she moved to the faculty of Industrial Design Engineering to become the manager of the Product Evaluation Lab. Since 2004, Agnes has been coaching many student projects at both undergraduate and graduate level.
Her hobbies are travelling, fitness, Nordic Walking, playing golf, yoga, tai-chi and reading books.
- 1989 - 2013
Numerous courses such as Neuro Linguistic Programmering (NLP), English, MS Office, SPSS, Personal Leadership (De Baak)
- 1987 - 1988
Market research B, Association of Market Research Offices, Amsterdam
- 1978 - 1982
University of Professional Education, the Hague (HES)
Specialisation: Commercial Economics (Marketing and Market Research)
Graduated at St. Stanislascollege, Delft, VWO
- 2004 - present
Coaches groups of Bachelor and Master students by doing their research project in several courses
- June 1987 - present
Manager of the Product Evaluation Laboratory, at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology:
- manages and coordinates research projects, especially Consumer Research for graduated students, PhD students and researchers from the faculty, other universities and companies
- manages the Consumer Panel: members of the panel are inhabitants of Delft (1700 households). They are willing to participate in consumer research. A database of their socio-economic and demographics variables is available
- manages PEL 5 (student) assistants who work on call to prepare research projects and to maintain the Consumer Panel and the database
- October 1986 - May 1987
Replacement head of the Financial Department of the faculty 3ME (Mechanical Engineering), Delft University of Technology:
- managed 5 staff members of the Financial Department
- October 1982 - September 1986
Staff member of the Financial Department of the faculty 3ME (Mechanical Engineering), Delft
Specialisation/Field of research
- Consumer Research:
- qualitative consumer research, such as: Interviews, Focus groups
- quantitative consumer research, such as: (On line) Questionnaires
- Manager of the Product Evaluation Laboratory (PEL):
- manages and coordinates research projects in PEL
- manages the Consumer Panel
Lectures/Coaches students on
- Consumer Research in Bachelor and Master courses