The aim of the European Remanufacturing Network (ERN) is to facilitate the development of sustainable partnerships between remanufacturing organisations for future research, collaboration, knowledge transfer and lobbying well beyond the 2 year timeframe of the ERN project.
ERN is a European Commission funded 2 year project with the ambition to:
- encourage new businesses to take up remanufacturing
- help existing remanufacturers improve their operations
- improve competitiveness of remanufacturers domestically and internationally
- create greater awareness of remanufacturing in the public and policy makers to increase demand and address barriers
Remanufacturing companies face challenges to stay profitable. Manufacturing companies face challenges in starting remanufacturing practices. The ERN consortium partners study challenges around three key remanufacturing themes:
- The remanufacturing business model
- Designing for remanufacturing
- The remanufacturing process
By gathering, studying and sharing best practices for all three focus areas for different industries, ERN equips remanufacturers and would-be remanufacturers with the tools to remanufacture profitably and resource-efficiently.