IDE Design Master Class for Professionals
The Master Class Service Design in 2019 focuses on a number of topics that make service design different from other types of designing (such as product design, interaction design, etc.). First, we look at tools that help us pay attention to the user experience of services over time, and in relation with service providers. Second, we consider how service design addresses a need among clients to enhance their capability to co-create services with a broad range of stakeholders.
During this master class you will:
- gain insights into current developments in the design field and understand what Service Design comprises;
- learn research and prototyping techniques (like journey mapping and acting out) to design new service propositions while focusing on the experiences of users and providers;
- explore new service ideas by creating stakeholder maps and early business models.
- Overview of latest trends in the design discipline and how service design is understood by different disciplines
- Practical assigments with techniques such as journey mapping, service prototyping, and value flow (business) modelling.
- Process steps towards developing a service concept and getting stakeholders on board
- As case topics we will work both on commercial services (e.g. automotive services), and non-profit or mixed services (e.g. healthcare services)
- Many case examples from industry and government services
|9:30||Registration and welcome drinks|
|10:00||Introduction and overview|
Overview of the master class, aims and structure, expectations and background of the participants.
|10:30||Discussion service design interests and challenges of participants|
|11:00||Lecture - Service design: what is is about?|
Services design from different discipline perspectives. New roles for designers.
|11:30||Lecture about journey mapping|
At Industrial Design Engineering
a case in mobility services or a case in health services (participants can choose one case)
|10:00||Lecture - Service Design Tools and Service Prototyping|
|11:00||Exercise - Acting out new service propositions|
At Porceleyne Fles
|13:30||Lecture: Stakeholder maps, value exchange, and capability development|
|15:00||Exercise - Acting out new service propositions (continued)|
|16:00||Discussion of cases|
How does this connect to your work and how can you implement this in your own work/business. What will be next steps?
|17:15||Wrap-up and drinks|
How to prepare?
As preparation for this IDE Master Class, we will send you some literature and open questions one week before the IDE Master Class takes place.
All materials provided are included in the course fee.Handouts of all lectures will be provided with space for personal notes.
Costs Master Class
|€ 850||for members of BNO, KIVI IO, Design Management Network, HumanFactorsNL|
|€ 750||for IDE alumni|
Courses are VAT-free
Lunch, drinks, material and a book on the topics are included
|€ 100||for each additional On-Site Master Class per organisation|