Deirdre C. Casella
As a Communication Advisor for 4TU.ResearchData, based at the TU Delft Library, I work with researchers and research support professionals to help connect researchers and research teams with services that help them manage their research data and software code in a manner that is findable, accessible, interoerable and reusable (The FAIR principles).
I obtained a bachelor of arts in Sociology from the University of California in 1994. During my master of arts in Population and Development Studies at the Erasmus International Institute of Social Studies in The Hague (completed 1999) the focus of my research was on demographic and institutional change processes in the context of social inclusion and food security interventions in Bangladesh. In June 2021, I defended my PhD thesis at Delft University of Technology, Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management. My thesis, entitled Achieving Sustainable Rural Water Services in Uganda: Collaborative Model-based Policy Analysis for Collective Reflection and Action, is available via the TU Delft Research Portal.
- Blankwaardt, B., Casella, D., Smet, J.E.M. & Snel, M., 2008. Local governance for basic urban services : country cases from Burkina Faso, Egypt and Sri Lanka 2003 - 2007, (Technical paper series / IRC no. 51) Delft, The Netherlands: IRC. Available at: www.ircwash.org/sites/default/files/Blankwaardt-2008-Local.pdf.
- Casella, D., Van Tongeren, S. & Nikolic, I., 2015. Change in complex adaptive systems : a review of concepts, theory and approaches for tackling ‘wicked’ problems in achieving sustainable rural water services, The Hague, The Netherlands: IRC. Available at: www.ircwash.org/sites/default/files/084-201605wp_literaturereview05_11.pdf.
- Casella, D., 2014. Simulating large-scale change interventions for WASH services using Agent-Based Modelling, The Hague, The Netherlands: IRC. Available at: www.ircwash.org/sites/default/files/simulating_large-scale_change_interventions_for_wash.pdf.
- Casella, D., Magara, P., Kumasi, T.C., Guijt, I. & Soest, A. van, 2013. The Triple-S project Sensemaker® experience - A method tested and rejected, (Triple-S – Working Paper 9) The Hague, The Netherlands: IRC. Available at: www.ircwash.org/sites/default/files/workingpaper9sensemaker.pdf.
- Garandeau, R., Casella, D. & Bostoen, K., 2009. Evaluating and improving the WASH sector: strengthening WASH governance, learning about complexity, assessing change, (Thematic overview paper/ IRC 23) The Hague: IRC. Available at: www.ircwash.org/sites/default/files/Garandeau-2009-Evaluating.pdf.
- McIntyre, P., Casella, D., Fonseca, C. & Burr, P., 2014. Priceless! : uncovering the real costs of water and sanitation, The Hague, The Netherlands: IRC. Available at: www.ircwash.org/sites/default/files/2014_priceless_mcintyreetal_0.pdf