IAWA Scholarship 2020
Call for applications IAWA Scholarship for female students 2020: US$ 5,000 and access to IAWA network of women in aerospace
“This is the time to encourage everyone who maintains the ability to do so to invest in themselves and their future.” Shelley A. Svoren, Leader Development (Next Gen) at the International Aviation Women’s Association.
The International Aviation Women’s Association (IAWA) is inviting female BSc and MSc students Aerospace Engineering at TU Delft to apply for a scholarship opportunity. IAWA is a US based organization that supports, cultivates and brings together women leaders in the aviation and aerospace fields. Together with a selection committee from the TU Delft, they will select one student who will receive a one-time grant of US$ 5,000 to be used for tuition fees. The deadline for handing in your application is 17 June 2020.
The IAWA scholarship opens doors to a global network of inspiring women, shaping the future of the aerospace industry. Their empowerment and support made me realize what I am capable of.Nadine Duursma, IAWA Scholarship winner 2018.
Who is it for?
- A female BSc or MSc student Aerospace Engineering enrolled/accepted at TU Delft
- Who has a good grade point average
- A passion for a career in the field of aviation or space
- Who could really do with financial support
What do you need to do?
- (1) Fill in the attached application form: Application form (PDF)
- (2) Write a brief motivation (max one A4) explaining why you have the passion to pursue a career in aviation or space and what your ultimate goals are
- (3) Explain why you chose to study Aerospace Engineering and also why you chose to do that at TU Delft. Feel free to answer this question creatively (make a vlog, write a blog, give a pitch, etc.)
- (4) Send (1) the completed application form, (2) the motivation, (3) the creative explanation, (4) your CV and (5) study progress overview to firstname.lastname@example.org (communication manager of the faculty) before 17 June 2020.
What will happen next?
A selection committee of the faculty, consisting of Chiara Bisagni, Stéphanie Cazaux and Ineke Boneschansker, will select a maximum of four candidates who will be presented to the scholarship committee of IAWA. The committee will inform the faculty and the winner in July 2020.
The scholarship fee of US$ 5,000 will be made payable to the TU Delft. It will be used to pay (part of) your tuition fee.
At the faculty, we are committed to stimulate women to study Aerospace Engineering and become leaders in the aviation and space industries. Therefore, we highly recommend this great opportunity.
Because of IAWA I have been able to attend events and to see the rest of the aerospace industry. Of course I have learned how aircraft fly but I haven’t learned what is the legal side, what is the management side and how do they look at today’s problems. Attending the IAWA events has provided a unique opportunity to hear the full story.Julia Radius, IAWA Scholarship winner 2019.