Start-up Voucher & Coaching Program
Do you have an innovative idea and want to kick-start your own company? Do you need funding to build a prototype and coaching in the process of developing your own business? This is all possible through the Aerospace Start-up Voucher!
Aerospace Start-up Voucher
With the Start-up Voucher & Coaching Program, the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering (AE) aims at scouting, creating, and supporting start-ups. By lowering the financial barrier, AE students can develop their innovative idea and turn it into a business. The Aerospace Start-up Voucher tries to bridge the gap between graduation and pre-incubation. Throughout the year a maximum of five teams is selected to start the Start-up Voucher & Coaching Program. The application moments vary each year; to receive the voucher in the next round, the next round will take place in the spring of 2021 (more information on the application can be found below).
The basis of the Aerospace Start-up Voucher is a maximum financial support of € 2.500 in the production of a prototype, or for the making of a ‘proof of principle’ for new technologies. This idea needs to be research-based and the voucher must be used to develop a concrete result
Starting a company requires more than ‘just a brilliant idea’. To guide you to the next step on the exciting but also challenging road of launching your idea, the AE Faculty offers coaching and networking support. If you receive the Aerospace Start-up Voucher, you will be linked to a professional who will help you throughout the first six months. He will improve your entrepreneurial skills, ask the critical questions that are so important and guide you through the process of developing the first steps to your successful start-up.
The Aerospace Start-up Voucher is available for both BSc- and MSc students, as well as PhDs at the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering. Those students should have a research-based, innovative, and scalable idea related to an AE subject, and an ambition to start their own company. When applying, you should also be able to make clear what the synergy for TU Delft and your start-up would be.
To minimize delay in the study- or promotion progress, the target group is narrowed down to:
- BSc- and MSc graduate students (applications will be assessed in line with the graduation project of the applicant; the supervisor or track coordinator of the applicant will be consulted in the selection process);
- MSc students with the entrepreneurship annotation;
- Graduated BSc- and MSc students and PhDs within six months after graduation or promotion.
The process of the Aerospace Start-up Voucher consists of several steps:
- Application: Apply by filling out the application form and send it to email@example.com. The next round will be held in the spring of 2021; the exact date of the deadline will be announced at a later time. Note that you can only receive one Start-up Voucher (this includes vouchers from other faculties) per project;
- Pre-selection: After the application deadline, all application forms will be evaluated. A pre-selection will be made based on the adherence to program objective and target group criteria;
- Pitches: The applications that passed the pre-selection will be invited to pitch their ideas to the selection committee, consisting of academia and professionals. Your application will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Ambition to launch a start-up, entrepreneurial skills, the team and attitude;
- Novelty, technical feasibility, and commercial potential of the idea;
- Project approach and planning.
The selection committee will decide upon the winners of the Aerospace Start-up Voucher.
- Start Program: When your application has been approved by the selection committee, a contract will be sent to you and the program will soon be kicked off!
To find out about previous editions of the Aerospace Start-up Voucher and the winners, please visit the blog. Do note that this website is not up to date and does not show current information on applications and deadlines! Furthermore, you can find some examples of successful Start-up Voucher winners at the Aerospace Innovation Hub @TUD website.