Guidelines when taking a MOOC/Online course
- Consult with your supervisor first before enrolling into a MOOC/Online course that you want to use as part of your DE programme.
- Courses should be on an intermediate or advanced level, preferably tailored for PhD candidates who already have a MSc.
- Follow courses from reliable platforms with an organized way of quality assurance, like EdX and Coursera (Udemy courses are not allowed).
- Contact your department to see whether they can pay for the possible costs involved (course registration, certificates).
- As of September 2022 all TU Delft PhD candidates can get full access to MOOCs offered by TU Delft for free, with a full access voucher. More information on how to obtain such a voucher can be found here.
- To determine the amount of credits: please follow the guidelines in the document Requirements, Conditions & Costs: “If you follow an online course, you can calculate the number of GS credits by dividing the study load, stated on the organizer’s website, in hours by 12 (e.g., A study load of 24 hours would be equal to 2 GS credits)”
- There is a maximum of 5 credits for any given course.
- Pursue a certificate.
Examples of courses