Design and characterization of intrinsic and extrinsic self-healing materials: Organic coatings (e.g. nano carriers, movable organic phases), polymers, fiber and particulate composites, functional materials.
Current research projects:
- Self healing polyimide coatings (PiHeal), IOP-SHM
- Self-healing composites (ALAMSA), EU
- Self healing thermal interface materials (TIM), IOP-SHM
- New concepts for corrosion protection and coatings
- Multifunctional self healing elastomers (MUSHE), Marie Curie Fellowship, EU