Admission, Application & Finance
The following list indicates prior knowledge and skills needed to start the MSc track Building Engineering:
- Mathematics: calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, numerical mathematics
- Probability and Statistics
- Programming: introduction to e.g. Matlab, Python, Fortran
- Physics: introduction to dynamics and solid basis of structural mechanics
- Structures: structural design from scratch based on clients brief, detailed code-based design of concrete and steel structures
- Foundation design: introduction to foundation design on piles and shallow foundations
- Dutch BSc degree
Applicants holding a TU Delft BSc degree in Civil Engineering can start immediately in the Building Engineering track, provided that they have followed the bachelor specialisation electives that prepare for the master track Building Engineering. Keep in mind that the topics (courses) given above are expected prior knowledge. Graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline are eligible for admission, but each applicant will be assessed to determine if he or she has the requisite basic knowledge. Applicants without an adequate foundation may be required to follow a tailored bridging programme in the first year in order to repair deficiencies before starting with the MSc track.
- Dutch HBO
Students from a Dutch HBO have to do a bridging programme first.
- Application bridging programmes
The bridging programmes for a Bachelor degree of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO) and for a Bachelor's degree of a (Dutch) University (WO) are only available in Dutch.
You can submit your application for registration before July 1st by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include:
- Your Bachelor degree and institution;
- For which bridging programme / Master you would like to register;
- A list of courses incl. grades from your current degree programme
- International applicants
Information on the intake procedure for international applicants and the general admission requirements can be found here. Keep in mind that the requirements given above are expected prior knowledge before starting the track Building Engineering.
For more information, please contact the MSc track coordinator.