HBO BSc degree
Students holding a multi-disciplinary engineering HBO degree from a Dutch university of applied sciences (HBO) are eligible for admission. Please look at the Doorstroompagina to see if your HBO programme is eligible.
When admitted, you have to follow a bridging programme of 30 EC (in Dutch) as well as the online linkage programme. Please note that the online linkage programme will take approximately 70 hours to complete and has to be finished before the deadline of application (July 1st of the calendar year for Dutch students). For the Schakelporgramma (Bridging programme) you will follow a half-year full-time programme. In some cases, this bridging programme can be taken as a minor embedded in your Bachelor's programme.
|Background||Conditions for admission|
|Grade point average > 7 within 4 years and final assignment (Bachelor thesis) > 7|| |
Admission to the bridging programme (after the permission from selection committee and the completion of the online linkage programme)
|Grade point average < 7||Can not be admitted to the Master programme CoSEM|
|Finished bridging programme during HBO Bachelor||The selection committee may decide for immediate admission to the Master programme CoSEM|
And if the field of study is not the same?
Theoretically, it is possible to enrol in a programme that is unrelated to your HBO programme. For further information, contact the Contact Centre for the programme which you wish to follow.
Application and enrolment
For students with a BSc degree from a Dutch HBO and HBO students who want to apply for a 'doorstroom minor'
- A completed and signed application form / aanmeldingsformulier.
- A clear and relevant motivation letter (essay) written by the applicant (±2,000 words in English) covering the following aspects:
a. Your motivation for taking the CoSEM MSc programme and what is expected from the study
b. Which track interests you most, and why?
c. Hypothetical thesis project; what kind of a project would you prefer if you were free to make a choice? Also briefly explain what you would want to explore in your thesis project. Provide a maximum of three hypothetical thesis topics and elaborate on your particular interests in them.
d. For non TB-students: a brief summary (maximum 250 words) of the thesis work or the final assignment (to be) done for the Bachelor’s programme, including information on the credits earned, grade, and full workload.
(A motivation letter helps to make a concious choice for a MSc programme.)
- An extensive résumé (curriculum vitae) written in English by the applicant.
- A certified copy of your BSc diploma (if the BSc degree is not yet available before the application deadline, it can be submitted later).
- A certified copy of the full list of grades. In case you haven’t received all grades or your BSc diploma yet, please send a certified copy of all grades you received up till now.
- ONLY FOR FIRST REGISTRATION AT TU DELFT: A photocopy of the page(s) of your passport with photo, your name, date and place of birth and expiry date of the passport.
- ONLY FOR FIRST REGISTRATION AT TU DELFT: An extract from the population register (uittreksel gemeentelijke basisadministratie persoonsgegevens (GBA)) of recent date (max. 1 year).
Certified copies of documents should bear the original logo and original stamp of the office that issued the original document.
July 1st. After this date, it will be difficult to process your application and registration on time. Please bear in mind that the linkage programme and/or the bridging programme MUST be completed before the application can be finalised. The full linkage programme will take approximately 70 hours to complete.
- Send all documents required for the application to toelatingscommissie-CoSEM-TBM@tudelft.nl, in pdf format. (Please pay attention to the size of your documents to prevent it from being undeliverable)
- The selection committee will decide if the applicant can be admitted to the MSc programme or the pre-master programme and under what conditions.
a. Please note that the committee will decide if you have to follow (parts of) the linkage programme and/or the bridging programme before your application can be finalised.
b. After successfully completing the linkage and/or bridging programme, the application will be continued.
- As soon as the selection committee has decided that the applicant can be admitted, the applicant and the Central Student Administration (CSA) will be informed by email.
- If the applicant is admitted, the faculty will send all original documents required for registration to the CSA. The CSA will contact the applicant for further information about the registration.