Admission and application for international applicants
25 January 2020: The TU Delft MSc programme Computer Science has reached its maximum admission capacity for the academic year 2020-2021 and cannot accept applications from non-EU students anymore.
For an up-to-date list of all concerned programmes, please visit the central admission page.
Student profile and required knowledge
All applicants have to fulfill the general admission requirements of Delft University of Technology, which are available on this site.
Aptitude of applicants with a bachelor’s degree, usually an engineering bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, from an international research university for the master programme Computer Science is assessed by the admission committee. Important criteria are the study load and academic performance in the following areas, which are fundamental for Computer Science:
- Mathematics and Modelling (Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability Theory and Statistics)
- Software Development Fundamentals (Object Oriented Programming, Software Quality and Testing, Software Engineering Methods, Concepts of Programming Languages, Object Oriented Programming Project, Software Project)
- Computer Systems (Computer Organisation, Computer Networks)
- Fundamental Computer Science (Logic, Algorithms and Data Structures, Algorithm Design, Computability)
- Data and Information Systems (Machine Learning, Data Management, Web- & Database Technology)
In addition to meeting TU Delft’s general admission requirements, applicants with an international diploma are also required to take the GRE revised General Test.
In case of capacity issues a cap may be installed on non-EER students.
Additional requirement for bachelor degrees obtained in India
To be considered for admission, applicants with a Bachelor degree obtained in India should have a (minimum) four year Bachelor’s from a mainstream university (state / federal or 'deemed' institution) passed with First Class Distinction. If the university does not use a class system a CGPA of at least 80% is required. For applicants from an Indian Institute of Technology a CGPA of at least 75% is required.
Applicants who meet the above requirements can apply for admission by following the TU Delft application procedure.