For Discipline related skills you can obtain credits by doing:
- Research Schools; These courses are not organized by TU Delft Graduate School. Please consult with your supervisory team / Faculty Graduate School / Research School for more information on courses offered.
- Faculty doctoral courses; It is also possible to follow courses at another faculty. Always read the course description to make sure the course is open for all PhD candidates.
- Summer schools
- Online courses
Research schools combine cutting-edge research with education and training for PhD candidates and post-doctoral researchers in a given field. They are a driving force behind efforts to coordinate nationwide research programmes within specific disciplines. TU Delft’s research schools cooperate in key research areas with other faculties and universities, thereby strengthening the position of the university.
TU Delft taking the lead
TU Delft is the lead institution of the following KNAW-accredited research schools:
- Advanced School for Computing & Imaging (ASCI)
- Graduate Research School Biotechnological Sciences Delft Leiden (BSDL)
- Centrum voor Technische Geowetenschappen (CTG)
- Delft Institute for Microsystems and Nanoelectronics (DIMES)
- Dutch Institute of Systems and Control (DISC)
- J.M. Burgerscentrum – Onderzoekschool voor Stromingsleer (JMBC)
- Transport Infrastructure and Logistics (TRAIL)
- Participatie van de TU Delft in andere Onderzoekscholen
- Casimir Onderzoekschool (Casimir, Physics)
With the exception of CTG and DIMES, the above are all interuniversity research schools.
TU Delft as an active participant
TU Delft takes an active role in the following KNAW-accredited research schools:
- Onderzoekschool Engineering Mechanics (EM)
- Instituut voor Programmatuurkunde en Algoritmiek (IPA)
- Netherlands Graduate School of Urban and Regional Research (NETHUR)
- Nederlands Instituut voor Onderzoek in de Katalyse (NIOK)
- Nederlandse Onderzoekschool voor Bestuurskunde (NIG)
- Procestechnologie (OSPT)
- School voor Informatie- en Kennissystemen (SIKS)
- Thomas Stieltjes Institute for Mathematics (SIMATH)
- Interuniversitaire Onderzoekschool Wetenschap, Technologie en Moderne Cultuur (WTMC)
In addition, TU Delft has ties to networks that are known as research schools, but are not currently accredited by the KNAW. These networks have not submitted an application to the KNAW for renewed accreditation at this time:
- Integrated Biomedical Science and Engineering (IBME)
- Onderzoekschool voor Integrale Productvernieuwing (IPV)
- Polymeren (PTN)
By virtue of its role in the CTG and VMSG research schools, TU Delft also participates in the Netherlands Research Centre for Integrated Solid Earth Science (ISES), one of the country’s leading research schools.
N.B. The experience and position of TU Delft’s research schools will certainly be taken into consideration in the current discussion of the university’s stance on the Graduate School as an organisational form for doctoral programmes.