Organisatieteam en coaches
Het introductieprogramma wordt georganiseerd door een team van medewerkers en studenten van de TU Delft.
Je zult tijdens het programma een huidige TU Delft student als coach hebben, die je uit de eerste hand zijn ervaringen met het studentenleven in Delft kan vertellen.
Vacancy: Introduction Programme assistant
Are you born to be an event planner? Do you have outstanding graphical skills? Are you an organisation maniac? But most of all… are you excited to welcome the new MSc and Exchange and bridging students arriving in Delft? We are looking for you!
What is the Introduction Programme?
The Introduction Programme kickstarts the incoming Master, Exchange and bridging students on their new adventure with an intense and exciting schedule. The programme gives the unique chance to get acquainted with the academic culture and the student life at TU Delft, while meeting new peers from around the world and from other places in The Netherlands. Numerous cultural, academic and social activities help everyone to get the most out of this new experience.
The Introduction Programme and the OWee (introduction week for Bachelors) also cooperate in summer programme elements that are organised for all new incoming students.
We strive for diversity in the IP Crew, in character, skills, nationality and education programme. The IP crew currently consists of 5 experienced IP assistants and 2 TU Delft employees.
Who are we looking for?
We want to expand our team with 6 new IP assistants that can help in 2 or more parts of the organisation of the IP:
- Designing online and printed materials
- Organising and coordinating programme elements/events
- Coordinate activities with student associations
- Communications tasks (invitations, movie making, social media, website, photography)
- Development of (online) programme elements and good skills for working with al kind of systems (e.g. Excel, Brightspace, programme app and application system)
- Presentation skills
At least 2 applicants should be able to join as from 13 November 2023 and 4 applicants should be able to join the IP as from 8 January. Your availability should all be at least till end of summer 2024, preferably even longer.
Every role covers a variety of autonomous and collaborative tasks both in the organisation phase and during Introduction Programmes, to give a warm welcome to the incoming students.
- Current TU Delft student (Bachelor or Master) (during the whole period of the job; November 2023 or January 2024 – August 2024)
- Immediate start (13 November 2023 or 8 January 2024)
- Essential to be available for both Introduction Programmes; 8-10 February 2024 and 19-25 August 2024
- Work throughout the period November 2023 – end 2024, with more hours leading up to each programme and less in between. Holidays are not possible mid-January and first week February, July and August due to the peak periods.
- On average assistants work 10 hours per week.
- Maximum 500 hours work per year.
- Regularly working at Education & Student Affairs building during office hours
- Good command of English
- Understands the needs of new students (international and Dutch)
- Hardworking, flexible and works well under pressure
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Team player
- Enthusiastic to help create a great Introduction Programme
- Ownership and accountability skills
- Experience in organising events
- Experience in planning/organising workshops/lectures
- Good planning skills
- Communications skills/working experience
- Confident with Adobe suite (InDesign/ Illustrator)
- Photo, film and Movie making
- Membership of student organisation
- Email IntroductionProgramme@tudelft.nl
- Include your CV and a motivation letter
- Highlight which roles (at least 2) you are most interested in and why
- Deadline for applications is 20 October 2023
- Interviews will take place between 23-27 October